DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ways after the cleansing of Saidin

michellem

Aplogies if this has been discussed before, the search function is still not working properly for me since the downtime. If there is a thread on this, feel free to hit me over the head and direct me there :laugh:

I started thinking about the other day; how will the cleansing of Saidin affect the ways? Do you think they'll gradually brighten again and restore themselves to former glory? Or will someone have to "heal" them? Or will they be forever tainted? I don't think we've seen anyone using the Ways since the cleansing.

Thoughts?

Aplogies if this has been discussed before, the search function is still not working properly for me since the downtime. If there is a thread on this, feel free to hit me over the head and direct me there :laugh:

I started thinking about the other day; how will the cleansing of Saidin affect the ways? Do you think they'll gradually brighten again and restore themselves to former glory? Or will someone have to "heal" them? Or will they be forever tainted? I don't think we've seen anyone using the Ways since the cleansing.

Thoughts?

Here you go Mish...

Interview: Sep 2nd, 2005Question
Someone had a question about Machin Shin in the Ways. Since it seems to absorb the creatures that pass through there, could you regard it as a servant of the Dark One or perhaps almost as a Forsaken?
Robert Jordan
It's not a servant of the Dark One. It will kill Trollocs or anything else. You can say it's a parasite that grew in the Ways because of the taint and the One Power that was used to initially create the Ways. The talisman of growing that was used to extend the Ways. So it's not a servant of the Dark One, but it's definitely on the evil side.
Question
Would it be cleaned with the Cleansing of saidin?
Robert Jordan
No. Its like a bacteria breed. Just by cleaning up the chemicals that caused the bacteria to come into existence, unless it's feeding on that, those chemicals, you are not going to destroy the bacteria. You simply cut off what helped to create it.

RJ has spoken on this matter, and said this: 

INTERVIEW: Sep 2nd, 2005

QUESTION
Would it be cleaned with the Cleansing of saidin?
ROBERT JORDAN
No. Its like a bacteria breed. Just by cleaning up the chemicals that caused the bacteria to come into existence, unless it's feeding on that, those chemicals, you are not going to destroy the bacteria. You simply cut off what helped to create it.

So somebody will have to heal it actively. I believe now that the Taint is gone, the Ways can be cleansed and stay clean. 

Edit: Bah! Ninja'd 

Archived