DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you accusing everyone and their mother of being a 3rd party?

I think Darthe is either Mafia or Jester because he seems to want himself lynched with those posts he made (really, that was a damn scummy post...), so he either is the Jester, or a Mafia acting like a Jester. I am thinking you are maybe a Lyncher because you seem to really want to get me lynched. And that's it. Only 2 people.

I would also like to know how Leyrann is so certain of Darthe being either mafia or jester.

How?

He can be 3 things:

Town/not Jester Third Party, which means he was suicidal with that post, don't you agree?

Mafia, which means he was trying to look like a Jester, so that we would ignore him all game if he was lucky.

Jester, which means he was trying to die to win.

Now, if we kill a Jester, we won't lose. If we ignore a Mafia, we WILL lose. And that's why I think he should be lynched. Of course, he can be a town, but if you make a post "I like how everyone is accusing me while I am town" or something along those lines. then you really want to die or to be regarded as a Jester. If he's a town indeed, it's his own fault he gets lynched. And everyone here can be either town, mafia or third party. However, for him, we actually have a reason to think he is Mafia, while we don't have for others, at least not such a strong case (or is making the first real case of the game a case for you? Because that's what you have done).

There is nothing scummy or suicidal about that post imo.  It read as null to me.  Accusing two people of being rather rare third party roles right off the bat, on the other hand, is highly suspicious.  Also, the post where I voted you was the first point where I advocated lynching you, so your attempt to paint me as a lyncher seems rather desperate.

Desperate? I just found it a weak reason.

I love when people have cases on me yet I happen to be town =).  

And that doesn't look good to me... Of course, it can be different to you, but why did you find me, but not all the others who vote Darthe, so scummy that I should be voted?

Also, that about lynching was, as I said above, becuase I just was like "why vote for such little reason". Not to mention part of your awful reasoning was that I didn't want to write the password... I mean wtf? If that's a reason to vote someone, you really want to vote that person for something. I WILL NOT say it until you give me a good reason I should, just because you seem to be up to something, and I don't want to help you if you turn out to be Mafia (not saying you are, but you can be).

I found you the scummiest because your whole post voting Darthe was heavy-handed WIFOM and fluff.  That being said, I also find Starrik, Lenlo, and some of the others who have been saying Darthe is off to be scummy.  And the fact that you don't want to utter my shibboleth should be quite disturbing to all townies.

To-ing and fro-ing of the same two people is what I find desturbing. I've lost track of the times if ended up doing a similar thing myself, and both of us turned out to be Town.

I think there are some people who are being far too quiet.

Darthe is also brushing off the votes against him. Either he is not reacting on purpose - so he doesn't look like he is being 'too defensive' and is hoping they will go away, that the attention will go elsewhere - or maybe he feels like he doesn't have anything to worry about.

So, I can confirm two things based on my role PM which will probably not give the mafia any advantage and yet it will give the town some.  However, due to the nature of my role PM I am choosing to do so in another post.  

This would imply he has something to reveal.

I must say that I'm thinking much the same as ley here, but I'm not sure about voting yet, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a similar role where the hammer voter gets killed? So yeah, some risk involved, not to mention the ley's argument above (where he did miss the possibility that Darth was a vanilla town acting as a Joker - unlikely, but then again  that's how WIFOMs work, right?)

A Townie doing this would be suiciding.

Question: Since this is a WW2 setup, would there be anyone would could fit the role of a Jester? I mean there are alot of things and people who would fit roles perfectly. Would anyone fit Jester? I agree with Ley though the pros out weigh the cons of lynching Darthe.

Vote Darthe

What else do you think there  could be with this theme?

Thought about that too, but I forgot when making my case...

I love when people have cases on me yet I happen to be town =).  

I started thinking a bit about this yesterday evening, and I'd have posted my case yesterday already if DM hadn't been down again.

So, what is this behavior?

1) It's really suspicious. A Townie wouldn't do it because people would suspect him to be Mafia, and a Mafia wouldn't do it because people would suspect him for it. The same for -most- Third Parties. And that's where we get to point 2.

2) He is maybe a Jester, a Third Party that wins if Lynched. This is the only way his behaviour would be positive for him, and as people have said, he knows the game, so he'll know that posts like this one have a big chance of getting him lynched.

HOWEVER, he also knows that we also know the game. I remember when a Jester was found, and everyone just ignored him further on (or was it her? I don't remember...). He could also be a Mafia, acting as a Jester, so that noone would vote him.

Now, there are four things that can happen:

1. He is Jester, and we don't lynch him. Outcome: Jester loses.

2. He is Jester and we lynch him. Outcome: Jester wins.

3. He is Mafia and we don't lynch him. Outcome: Mafia wins.

4. He is Mafia and we lynch him. Outcome: We get a Mafia killed on D1.

I'd say it's worth the chance of catching a Jester.

[color=#ff0000]vote Darthe[/color]

What a bunch of over-explained WIFOM crap.  Combine this with your reluctance to utter the word "Scheveningen" despite the fact that you seem to know what I am getting at, and I think we have found scum.

unvote

Vote: Leyrann

This really made me ROFLMFAO. What's wrong with me not saying that word? You can add me on Skype and I'll say it to you if you want. But I won't post it here. You're trying to get somewhere, and until I know you are town, I WILL NOT say that word. I think I remember some roles that include words being said, and I'm not sure they are all town aligned, nor do I feel like digging through the mafia wiki for that.

Also, please give me a decent reason to vote me. I wasn't WIFOMing, I know we have either a Jester or a Mafia, and it is clear that it's better to have a Jester killed (because a Jester doesn't give us any disadvancement by dying, except that he stops trying to die before the Mafia or Town wins) than a Mafia not killed (as he'd kill us one by one).

You don't *know* anything. You may be 100% sure of it, but that still doesn't mean its correct.

Why are you accusing everyone and their mother of being a 3rd party?

I think Darthe is either Mafia or Jester because he seems to want himself lynched with those posts he made (really, that was a damn scummy post...), so he either is the Jester, or a Mafia acting like a Jester. I am thinking you are maybe a Lyncher because you seem to really want to get me lynched. And that's it. Only 2 people.

I would also like to know how Leyrann is so certain of Darthe being either mafia or jester.

How?

He can be 3 things:

Town/not Jester Third Party, which means he was suicidal with that post, don't you agree?

Mafia, which means he was trying to look like a Jester, so that we would ignore him all game if he was lucky.

Jester, which means he was trying to die to win.

Now, if we kill a Jester, we won't lose. If we ignore a Mafia, we WILL lose. And that's why I think he should be lynched. Of course, he can be a town, but if you make a post "I like how everyone is accusing me while I am town" or something along those lines. then you really want to die or to be regarded as a Jester. If he's a town indeed, it's his own fault he gets lynched. And everyone here can be either town, mafia or third party. However, for him, we actually have a reason to think he is Mafia, while we don't have for others, at least not such a strong case (or is making the first real case of the game a case for you? Because that's what you have done).

Darthe's play seems very similar to his play last game, imo. Early hinting, antagonistic, semi-scummy. He turned out to be Town in that game. Not saying that he is this game too, but something to keep in mind.

Did he ever confirm those two things? I don't remember him doing so. Also that is a very ambiguous statement.

And what was with all the 'cupcake' talk? I really didn't like that. And since I mentioned it, Despo has gone silent. Although now he will probably pop up and tear my head off about not being at work so not being able to get online blah blah blah, but it will take him half a page and 17 quotes to do so.

Vote Leyrann

@Ithi - The only two people talking back and forth might be a result of wonky DM, so that's null to me.

I think that Darthe likes to play things dangerous and lives on the edge a lot. He's usually quite antagonistic and semi-scummy in someone's eye whether town or mafia.

However, my vote on you isn't about that, but your refusal to answer Wombat's secret word. I don't see any way that a mafia person would have power to use that word in a negative way given the theme.

Also willing to vote Despo for his vote inconsistency not matching with his reasonings.

Darthe, since everyone including myself seems to be having DM troubles, I don't plan on replacing people over that. You've still been posting somewhat regularly.

I would like to clear up a bit of confusion that has come up here. If you are being persistently denied access to DM no matter how many times you refresh, you can drop out after headdesking a zillion times in frustration. Lack of access isn't going to be denied as a legit reason for dropping out. However, I don't want to have to replace anyone against their will if this is their reason for not posting. While not all of us are being affected to the same degree, everyone has been having some problems. We are all in the same boat, and I'd prefer not to boot people over this. All the more so because anyone I bring in as a replacement could be having issues too.

Anyone questioning why they should not go ahead and say Scheveningen for wombat is suspect in my book. It appears as an investigative tool for town. Mafia already know who is on their team. Anyone else is an enemy. So they don't need to know who is what. I don't think the ability has anything to do with theme. It is just the mechanism for the ability.

Despo (1): Tress

Darthe (5): Maw, Thorum, Ithi, Starry, Ley

Starry (1): BB

Ley (5): Turin, Despo, Womby, Darthe, BG

Ithi (1): Snow

Smiley (1): Chuckles

Rand (1): Len

Thorum (1): Tina

Chuckles (1): RTE

Not voting (6): Falcon, Random, Smiley, Rand, Kaylee, Time

With 23 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline is Friday, Dec. 7th at 9 PM EST.

http://www.timeandda...21207T21&p0=422

Despo (1): Tress

Darthe (5): Maw, Thorum, Ithi, Starry, Ley

Starry (1): BB

Ley (5): Turin, Despo, Womby, Darthe, BG

Ithi (1): Snow

Smiley (1): Chuckles

Rand (1): Len

Thorum (1): Tina

Chuckles (1): RTE

Not voting (6): Falcon, Random, Smiley, Rand, Kaylee, Time

With 23 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline is Friday, Dec. 7th at 9 PM EST.

http://www.timeandda...21207T21&p0=422

See, I had this idea when we started the game.  It was risky but at the time it was profitable.  I offered information in exchange for acknowledgement because I wanted to know who would ask and who wouldn't.  Unfortunately, by the time some of you bothered to question me a bit the information that I have became significantly less valuable because of the actions of another player in the game.  However, my (in large part) silence has offered new opportunities to hunt down te mafiaz and so we proceed.  

I would like to take a moment to remind you all that mafia is a game of logic and reasoning.  A lot of the things done either by tradition, rote, or superstition on DM, things that have been built up by long time and your personal relationships with each other, are stupid.  Completely.  In order to find mafia we need to eliminate who those individual could not be as much as we need to mark who they could be.  AKA, you can clear people based on their actions alone, though the thought seems taboo to many here.  These long speeches and cases that have little impact are simple filler material.  A game could have been over in 12-20 pages and yet we still bicker wistfully over things that are by and large irrelevant.  Trust your gut, trust your logic.  If either is faulty share it anyhow.  If both are leading you in the same direction then push it.  Find townies as much as you find mafia.  Cause if we outnumber them we win.

Kill leyrann, he isn't helping the town.

Archived