DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Japan:

The Emperor had surrendered. But his military was unhappy with this. So a small group of officers worked out a coup (This really happened, but in RL it failed.)  Propganda encouraged the next wave, and Len took to the airwaves. The Japanese forces were notified that the war was happening again. Planes made long-range bombing runs against North America. Not just targeting the USA this time, but Canada as well. The Prime Minister was toruing Vancover when the bombs started raining down. "How? How did they get this far?" Sorcha called out before a bomb blast ended her life.

Sorcha, William Lyon Mackenzie King, Vanilla Ally, has been killed.

Meantime, in France, the country has been liberated, but there are a lot of unexploded bombs and mines lying around. Some of them are still undiscovered. So when RTE is riding into Paris for a grand parade to celebrate the liberation, his car hit a mine. His mangled body tumbled out of the car, and all he knew was a bright flash of light.

RTE, Charles de Gaulle, Vanilla Ally, has been killed.

Len kept broadcasting messages to the troops, and sent out messages in English to dishearten the Allies. Somehow, Japan discovered the secret of subliminal messages, so the Allied troops laid their weapons down. The Allies were finished.

Len, Tokyo Rose, Japanese Symp, has won the game!

Len has won it for Japan. This fulfills the conditions I gave him in his PM when the last of the Japanese team died. BG, Kaylee, and Ley get credit for a win. This was my first advanced game, and it was very hard for me. I have a long, long list of hindsights.

German thread:

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/z227bvS8JK2ZL

Japanese thread:

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/aMyV9ymS9Uj

Dead thread:

http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/VgneXvdufzj

A few words about Darthe 1.0:

There was quite a bit of speculation as to what his role was here. The prevailing theory seemed to be that "rubber tongue" meant that the LD would see anything he said as the inverse of whether the view was honest... that is, a true statement would view as a lie but a lie would view as the truth. This wasn't how it worked. Darthe was a miller for lie detectors. Everything he said would have shown up as a lie had Time tried to view him. The only exception would be statements that weren't checkable in the first place. I wouldn't have included opinions or anything else which wasn't an objective statement of fact, nor would I have included quotes from other posts. But the whole idea behind the role was that if silver tongue can be a GF for LDs, then why can't there be a miller for LDs?

Speaking to the dead thread here, somethings I need to address.

1) I am not a witch.

2) I do not know compulsion.

3) Silver tongue and Cult Leader sounds like an amazing role. Give it to me.

4) Ithi, you are my mortal enemy. Every game im scum its just *ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOM* Right at me.

5) I think I could have pulled it off without the NK, but it would have taken alot of luck.

6) Love your faces.

7) Please dont dismiss all of claims from now on please. I needs them.

8) I love Monty Python.

I just went back and read some of what I did...

My goodness some of those lies got twisted up and just became downright stupid. Dang. Physics, 2 games one of them being this crazy and mess up sleep schedule is not the best way to do things.

I think I could have made it without the Jap Symp claim, but it was the best thing I could think of at the time. I had to act fast before people hammered me and it was the first thing that popped into my head. My original plan if I got called out was to claim Churchill's bodyguard with a BPV, but he died by NK so I couldnt claim that :(

Basel, in hindsight, how do you feel about the sympathizer role and your decision to give Len the ability to night kill? Was that something you felt fit the role or something of necessity given the circumstances?

Can you also comment on your thoughts on the game's level of activity, and how this hurt or helped either side in different situations?

Basel, in hindsight, how do you feel about the sympathizer role and your decision to give Len the ability to night kill? Was that something you felt fit the role or something of necessity given the circumstances?

Can you also comment on your thoughts on the game's level of activity, and how this hurt or helped either side in different situations?

I think the activity could have been a lot better. I've never seen a game with this many replacements before. As to the symp role, I based how it worked initially on a game I played in a while ago, and it worked very well then. In hindsight, I would have given Len the loss as soon as the Japanese team all died. Whether that would have meant killing him then and there, I don't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_H._Thompson

Bam. Churchills body guard.

Right. Churchill had no bodyguard in the game. A backup, but not a bodyguard. So what do you mean by then he was dead?

Archived