DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, lynching a townie today does not mean we lose. Your assuming I count for whoever that anti town person is, which is wrong. I count with town for all intents and purposes.

You're a survivor. You win with ANYBODY. That includes anti-town third parties. Any faction can count you on their side for the purposes of determining win numbers.

I win with anybody yes, but I dont count for their numbers. Mafias have always had to have a voting majority as an example and I as a survivor do not count towards their voting majority.

This kind of bothers me. Also night phase went too fast for someone to be inactive. Either Sorcha is active in her night thread, or Basel won't end the game until Lenlo is dead. Ahhh.. I don't want it to go to another night phase. Maw, are you not interested in what Sorcha has to say?

I also feel a tad torn: even if I don't vote for you Len, I feel very certain that Sorcha, town or mafia, will come in and make up a legitimate-enough sounding argument to hammer you. Then away you go. I feel like no matter how I vote you are a goner. Which makes me consider just being the hammer.

Bottom line, I don't mind Len winning with town, but I don't know if we can win with him... I want to wait to see what Sorcha posts. And it better not just be the vote itself. Although Len unless you get Smiley to move his vote you are dead in the water... Or unless Sorcha sides with you.

Gotta love the non-committal.

What are you going to do if she doesnt show up then RTE? Just hammer me? I fought for the town for the last two days finding and lynching the last German scum. If I had wanted to win with anyone but town, I could have done it easily by siding with them against anyone of you. But I fought and got them lynched through Maws BS about wanting to lynch me just because he wasnt certain to Tress and Daps sly and tenacious arguments to not lynch one of them but me instead.

I don't disagree with you Len. But what if we can't win with you?

Whomever is the last mafia was very smart to hold back on killing anyone last night.

You have been very useful but you had nothing to lose either. Someone with nothing to lose is dangerous.

I don't really care what scorcha thinks at the moment. We have a third party risk which needs to take priority. Len's lynch will tell us whether he was telling the truth or not, which in turn will indicate whether there is another third party out there. If we lynch len, a claimed third-party, there is no way it can give an anti-town majority and result in a lost game. A len lynch is the safest and most informative.

The number one rule in mafia is to always consider the worst possible scenario, and plan accordingly. Currently the worst possible scenario is that there are two people in the game who are not town. In this scenario, we need to lynch a non-town today or lose. Len is confirmed non-town. Therefore we should lynch him. Anything else is just gambling. Never gamble in mafia.

Except your assuming I count against town. I dont count against town. Every mafia game I have ever been in has always been "Win with a majority." for all anti town parties.

5 people

3 town, 1 survivor and 1 anti town.

lynch townie

2 town, 1 survivor and 1 anti town.

Town does not lose.

Townie dies in the night.

1 town, 1 survivor and 1 anti town.

Town does not lose.

Want to know why? Because I do not count for the anti town. I count for me. As I have been telling you for the past 2 days I count for town. In the majority counts I count for town. As I have said before. Lynching me is just as bad as lynching a town.

My Internet was down due to the awful weather and I just got it back. I'm curious as to who has us fooled enough for the game not to be over. We have a Jap symp as well a someone who was confirmed town by the LD. With Darthe's first role, it is highly probable that there's a silvertongue here, and if there were, it would be Maw. I'm getting a town read from Smiley and am leaning toward a town read for RTE. I'm unsure as of who to vote for at the moment, but I'm leaning for Maw.

Except your assuming I count against town. I dont count against town. Every mafia game I have ever been in has always been "Win with a majority." for all anti town parties.

5 people

3 town, 1 survivor and 1 anti town.

lynch townie

2 town, 1 survivor and 1 anti town.

Town does not lose.

Townie dies in the night.

1 town, 1 survivor and 1 anti town.

Town does not lose.

Want to know why? Because I do not count for the anti town. I count for me. As I have been telling you for the past 2 days I count for town. In the majority counts I count for town. As I have said before. Lynching me is just as bad as lynching a town.

Okay. Okay, lets say for a moment that that IS how a survivor works. I'm pretty sure its not, but lets say it is. We still need you dead. We still need to find out if there is another third party in the game or not. Its as simple as that.

I don't disagree with you Len. But what if we can't win with you?

Whomever is the last mafia was very smart to hold back on killing anyone last night.

You have been very useful but you had nothing to lose either. Someone with nothing to lose is dangerous.

I have had everything to lose, because if I get lynched its GG for me.

Also Sorcha is here now RTE and she seems to agree with me. Maw makes the most sense today.

Of course you arnt. Infact I would be surprised if you did budge from me because I am the easiest lynch today and the other train is on you.

Likewise, I am the easiest lynch other than yourself, and all you really want to do is stay alive right now.

Unvote

OK my above statement also works in the reverse, Maw now and Len later also works, and I'' move my vote there mostly because Len has been completely co-operative since his claim, and Maw has been flat out against him from the get-go even when everyone else seemed fine with it, even if Len was just a disposable tool, for now I continue to believe Len's survivor claim, but if this game hasn't ended by tomorrow, then Len's gotta go

I can see no mafia being left, only third parties and the chance that Len is still a symp

vote Maw

I'm really happy we got everyone to chime in on this. I'm going to go with my gut feeling here and Vote Maw.

Len has been nothing but helpful so far and that Maw has gone after him exclusively the last few votes rubs me the wrong way. I could elaborate but that's the gist of it. Let's see how this plays out.

Buckingham Palace:

It was a bright sunny day. The war seemed to be winding down. Maw had no events scheduled for today, and he thought he might take the opportunity to relax He decided to head down to the kitchens and find some breakfast for himself, never mind letting the servants do it. He never got there. From out of nowhere, a bomb burst through the ceiling. The explosion tore an ugly hole in the middle of the palace that would take years to fix. Fortunately, they were able to identify all the bodies.

Maw, King George VI, Vanilla Ally, has been lynched.

It is now Night 10. Deadline for night is Tuesday, Jan. 15th, at 9 PM EST.

Archived