DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys just checking back in really quick, still don't go back to work till tomorrow so I won't have time to add a lot of thoughts till then.

For now tho Ley and Thorium are pinging me, partly cause of the "catching mafia day 1 rarely happens" thing and partially cause their posts just rub me wrong so far. Don't like Darthe's game so far either, his role hinting and ambiguity plus the "lol wut are they saying on your QT" gimmick.

For now I'm gonna Unvote, Vote Leyrann

Day one votes ARE random, and getting a mafia day one neigh impossible.

How about day 1. :wink:unvote vote Thorum

Care to elaborate Rand? he is saying that Day 1 is a throw away day and you can't find mafia. I strongly disagree. I see you voting him here(is it a "joke" vote?) and despite what you say you are defending him later on by trying to spin his words into something else.

Interesting

I'll say that I think Day 1 is mainly about experimenting and it is in no way "useless" just because we may accidentally lynch a town memeber. there are plenty of good games where we lynch mafia on the first day, and get good feelings on who our teammates are.

It's no case nubcake but thank you for voting me admittedly with no reason =)  Tell me, how does it feel to be in a QT?

Was this directed at me? It looks and feels like very sloppy play (almost as bad as my own). If it was at me, you are mistaken I did not vote you. Are you just in a nasty mood Darthe?

One last VC for tonight.

Despo (1): Tress

Darthe (2): Maw, Thorum

Starry (1): BB

Maw (1): Ley

Ley (3): Starry, Turin, Despo

Ithi (1): Snow

Smiley (1): Chuckles

Rand (1): Len

Thorum (2): Tina, Rand

Tress (1): Darthe

Chuckles (1): RTE

With 23 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline is Friday, Dec. 7th at 9 PM EST.

http://www.timeandda...21207T21&p0=422

Wombat are you asking us all to start speaking German.

Dutch, actually.  Anyone who does not say "Scheveningen" is probably anti-town.

Also

Vote: Thorum

Would also be willing to vote RTE but I don't think there will be enough support for that on D1.

The Despo and Darthe too and fro seems a little off, Darthe especially. He's an articulate and experienced mafia player - yet is coming out with all these weird base level snarky comments. It's quite funny actually. I have this strange niggle that they are up to something, with one of them going, 'ok - I'll says this and then you act all narked off about it tee hee hee'.

Also Despo has stronger reasons, according to his post, for voting Darthe - and yet votes Leyrann. He says that, "For now tho Ley and Thorium are pinging me, partly cause of the "catching mafia day 1 rarely happens" thing and partially cause their posts just rub me wrong so far. Don't like Darthe's game so far either, his role hinting and ambiguity plus the "lol wut are they saying on your QT" gimmick."

So feeling a bit wrong and not believing in the power of the 1st Day Mafia Lynch (which is one of my favourite things to do :biggrin:, is more voteworthy than role hinting and being ambiguous ... ok. It's almost like you don't want to vote him... :unsure:

so

Vote Darthe

This way of quoting is going to drive me insane. DM aet my post yesterday too. :(

And by now, I've switched again  :wink: How does that affect your theory? Day one votes ARE random, and getting a mafia day one neigh impossible.

In your game, mafia could have expected Balder to receive (almost) no votes at all, apart from theirs. If they followed on on that theory, Leelou was out of trouble for 1 or 2 nights. Too bad I had to leave that game very early on.

I always play exactly the same, whatever allignment I have. And it always gets me lynched day 3 or 4, if not sooner.

It´s just that I have seen you state that it´s a random vote before when I know it wasn´t. In that game it was a good strategy if you hadn´t pointed out that it was random and unvoted quickly. Just like now. It´s you quick change that makes me suspicious of you. I think it´s an early try to distance from Time.

I always play exactly the same, whatever allignment I have. And it always gets me lynched day 3 or 4, if not sooner.

How about day 1. :wink:unvote vote Thorum

Ehm... and the reason for this vote was?

RTE - play the way you want, don´t care what others say. :)

Despo (1): Tress

Darthe (3): Maw, Thorum, Ithi

Starry (1): BB

Maw (1): Ley

Ley (3): Starry, Turin, Despo

Ithi (1): Snow

Smiley (1): Chuckles

Rand (1): Len

Thorum (3): Tina, Rand, Womby

Tress (1): Darthe

Chuckles (1): RTE

With 23 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline is Friday, Dec. 7th at 9 PM EST.

http://www.timeandda...21207T21&p0=422

Has someone else said that Darthe seems off? Who are the 'others'? I don't remember reading that, but I'm stuck on mobile view and so can't easily go back and forth in the game. Basically I' going to have to just try and remember stuff the best I can.

I'm not to keen on people seeming to agree too easily with me either. Makes me wonder what they are up to.

It's no case nubcake but thank you for voting me admittedly with no reason =)  Tell me, how does it feel to be in a QT?

Sorry, starrik, I do not succeed in getting you out of the quote. 

- Being in a QT generally feels good, since it usually means you have something special to do in that game. While I can tell you I'm not in a mafia QT, I won't deny nor affirm being in a town QT.

- I voted you to remind myself and everyone else you still haven't answered up on your (reaffirmed) page 1 statement. Not random.

Wombat are you asking us all to start speaking German.

Dutch, actually.  Anyone who does not say "Scheveningen" is probably anti-town.

Also

Vote: Thorum

Good theory: Dutch-speaking people are probably town, so I'll vote one of the few native-Dutch-speakers in the game.  :rolleyes: Probably not what you meant to say, though

There has been a remarkable run of mafia being lynched Day 1 in recent history by the players paying attention to what is being said. That you and Thorum both have stated that finding mafia Day 1 is old thinking. If the town works to find them we can smoke them out. To just sit and say "day one is useless" is anti-town IMO.

You're twisting my words now. I asked what was not random about a day one lynch. I'd really appreciate it if it wasn't as random as I know it, but it is what it is. But of course, as I already said, it's a year ago I played mafia, and things might have changed. I'd be very happy if we'd have an actual case on D1 in this game.

Hey guys just checking back in really quick, still don't go back to work till tomorrow so I won't have time to add a lot of thoughts till then.

For now tho Ley and Thorium are pinging me, partly cause of the "catching mafia day 1 rarely happens" thing and partially cause their posts just rub me wrong so far. Don't like Darthe's game so far either, his role hinting and ambiguity plus the "lol wut are they saying on your QT" gimmick.

For now I'm gonna Unvote, Vote Leyrann

So you're voting me because of what? Because my posting seems weird? I don't know, but I haven't yet posted anything that CAN sound weird. I've joke-voted Maw (I mean, who else should I jokevote?), I've said something along the lines that the Mafia seemed to be able to kill the game, as it was a bit inactive, and I've said I've not found anything more scummy than Maw's natural scummyness, also as a joke. Oh, yeah, and I asked what was not random about a D1 lynch. And really, nearly all WERE near random a year ago. Again, it might've changed, and I would appreciate that.

Also, you seem to want to vote me really much. You say that me and Thorum are acting a bit off to you (while I made only one gamerelated post before this), and because we say D1 lynch is random. This being the gamerelated post. Next, you don't like Darthe because of role hinting, ambiguity and that QT thing. Are you really saying that, because I am saying D1 lynch is random, I am more scummy than because of role hinting, ambiguity and QT thing?

I won't vote you for now - I know you're an agressive player - but I'm watching you. Also unvote maw. The time for joke votes is over, imo.

And now I'm going to read everything after post 136...

Archived