DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What If

Ok here is a little bit of humor for you all. So what if the things that they are (as in TOR) letting loose so to say, are things that are not in the books. But in fact things that got taken out.

Didnt Peter say somethign along the lines of no new material will be let loose until the book comes out lol.

So all of these things could be things that we will never actually see hahahahahah.

Everyones thoughts on this would be fun. But lets keep it on track for once and no sidelining the main topic or ill get it locked right quick.

Personally I would find it hilarious. However, it would cause a HUGE uproar with many of the fans misleading people like this. I would hope they were not silly enough to risk many people's wrath. 

But do they really have anything to lose?  Are people going to protest and not buy the next book?  It's the last book and lets be honest, people have been complaining about Brandon for years, imo being ungrateful that the series is even being finished.  I think it would be hilarious if bong is right 

Don't bring Brandon into this, this has nothing to do with the topic and hand, and I'd rather not have to moderate a thread derailed by people fighting over Brandon and how they think people should or should not feel. 

And yes, there would be a heap of people who would refuse out of anger. At least, they would say so, whether they would stick with it is a different story :laugh:

I have seen people get angry and refuse to buy a book for far less than this. You'd be surprised at how many people do that kind of thing out of outrage. 

Edit: I should be clearer. All thoughts and opinions regarding Brandon Sanderson's writing or person or reactions to BWS is contained to this thread to avoid a whole heap of derails and fights:  http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/76523-thisguys-topic-on-brandons-work

If you're right, it would be funnier if the release material actually corresponds to stuff that was taken out because it was so clearly wrong; editing removals from Maria or Harriet.   The community would go into an uproar, which might amuse Brandon a bit.  For example:

"Saidar is no longer tainted Tuon, so it is now safe to release the da'mane"

"Demandred removed his Mirror of Mists and discarded his Taim illusion.  Masquerading as Taim for the past year had proven effective, but he did not want it to diminish his authority in his own right.  Demandred knew that the fake reproduction of 'Taim' produced for Moridin's dreamshard had fooled them all... even Moridin."

while unlikely, that would be hilarious. but i don't think anyone would complain, who doesn't love to see the frames off the editor's floor?

Yeah, it's nice to get a behind the scenes look, but not like this.

Personally I would find it hilarious. However, it would cause a HUGE uproar with many of the fans misleading people like this. I would hope they were not silly enough to risk many people's wrath. 

But do they really have anything to lose?  Are people going to protest and not buy the next book?  It's the last book and lets be honest, people have been complaining about Brandon for years, imo being ungrateful that the series is even being finished.  I think it would be hilarious if bong is right 

They would be risking the fan reaction to the book. While some of them have been vague enough to not do much harm, if you tease people with the possibility of hearing things about Shara in the last book, you are setting yourself up for people to be disappointed in the book, no matter how good it is. There's no good reason to do that.

while unlikely, that would be hilarious. but i don't think anyone would complain, who doesn't love to see the frames off the editor's floor?

Yeah, it's nice to get a behind the scenes look, but not like this.

They would be risking the fan reaction to the book. While some of them have been vague enough to not do much harm, if you tease people with the possibility of hearing things about Shara in the last book, you are setting yourself up for people to be disappointed in the book, no matter how good it is. There's no good reason to do that.

it would be shitty if they mention shara liek they did and then nothing comes of it. There has been a lot of stuff thats been like that throughout the whole series. Stuff you hear about and its interesting but then nothing ever comes from it.

Ok, lets say they are serious, do you really think we'll get information about Shara?  I want it just as much as any other reader, but Jordan has said before that this story doesn't involved them.  It's about Randland, so while it would be nice to have stuff about Shara, I don't think we should get our hopes up about it

Ok, lets say they are serious, do you really think we'll get information about Shara?  I want it just as much as any other reader, but Jordan has said before that this story doesn't involved them.  It's about Randland, so while it would be nice to have stuff about Shara, I don't think we should get our hopes up about it

We shall see but so far with the lil info that we have got from what they have put out day number 2 had questions about Shara so even though we may never see what it is like there to even mention yet again so more of a disapointment to me to be bring it back up on someplce that has no pertinince to the overall story.

Are we going to eventually get an "answer key" to the quotes?  Or do i have to read the book to find out?  haha.  At this point in the game...I'm thinking i just want to read the last two chapters first...too much build up.  

maybe two weeks before I buy the book i will shut off the internet and/or start reading the warhammer books to distract me.

Archived