DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shadow series - Orson Scott Card

BFG

Ok so I haven't read it for a while, but during the story the world stage changes a few times (in 2-4, 1 obviously covers the same time as Enders Game) and I was wondering what people thought of the political stage he decides on?

For example, when Russia expands into Europe, Britain leaves Europe and sort of goes it alone, but doesn't really do anything.  The US stays out of it (I think - long time since i read it) and redraws maps to sell.

I feel that this is probablt a fair assessment of the UK (especially given the current situation), I don't think we'd stick in Europe to be de-facto ruled by Russia, but we don't have the military strength anymore to do anything about it.  I'm not so sure I agree with how the US is portrayed - there seems to be a faction on these boards that wants out of world politics (as far as military intervention goes), but I'm not so sure you'd be willing to become the third (and by a margin) Power in the world. 

I was wondering what people thought about the way it describes your own (and other) countries?

Archived