DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How Will They Die

Luckers

So, lots of topics on who will die, and I thought for something a little different and a little fun we could talk about how we'd like to see characters die. It can be serious or as wacky as you like.

Here's one from the cathartic side of me--I'd love to see Suffa killed by an Aes Sedai either in battle as she flails uselessly or as an assasination--perhaps in a chapter called the End of Punishment or something equally related to her current... predicament. (oooh, maybe Liandrin's the do-er)

Cadsuane, if she has to go, then I want her to go out defending Rand.

I want one of the Forsaken to be killed by Machin Shin--maybe Graendal--the Black Wind's hungers run darker than hers.

I'd like Pevara to die taking out Taim.

Some twists would be fun too--like Sheriam's aura which was one of my favourite twists in the series. So, maybe Logain gains his glory in death (Thom's twisting of stories may lead to him being said to have played some huge role when he doesn't, and maybe his absense is as ominous as it sounds) [to be clear I don't really believe this, just having fun].

I also want one of the Forsaken to go after Fortuona and be taken out by Selucia is another.

What do you guys like?

Moggy needs to die facing Nynaeve, with Mogs trumpeting her superiority, thinking that despite being near equal in strength, she has all her years in the AoL to fall back on, etc. etc. Then Nyn casually balefires her out of existence like swatting a fly.

Fortuona refuses Rand and Mat's offer of truce and refuses to give up damane. Mat comes to his senses and realizes there are plenty of better women for him, ditches her, and Fortuona is subsequently overwhelemed by half a dozen simultaneous assassination attempts. Much of the Seanchan end up killing each other or die via shadowspawn, especially anyone who still supports the sul'dam/damane slavery, but the rest rally around Mat. Mat says, 'That's nice, but you Seanchan are still crazy. If you want to follow me, join the Band and take up their ways.' They agree, and so the Seanchan as a whole die.

Either that, or Rand, once he realizes the Seanchan will not give up the damane, does one of those random super channeling moves and creates a weave that spreads throughtout the world and instantly shatters every single a'dam, possibly killing the worst of the Seanchan in the process. He then laughs at Fortuona, tells her she can channel, and Mat comes to his senses and ditches her. Fortuona then dies by her own hand. The rest of the Seanchan are overtaken by Shadowspawn.

Cads goes out in a blaze of glory.

Gawyn dies protecting Elayne and Egwene at the same time. (Don't particularly care for him, but it would fit his character well.)

With all the mentioning of Logain's glory over the course of the series, it seems almost too obvious for it to happen. I like the idea of him dying and his glory being something born via tales and stories. He dies holding back some BT plot until more help can arrive.

And finally, for the DO's demise, to copy something I posted on a different thread, Rand dies. Perrin dies. In a last ditch effort, Nynaeve and Moraine force Mat to go to Shayol Ghul to confront the DO. Turns out the hat Lanfear sold Mat in TSR makes the wearer a movable True Power buffer, making the very channeling of the TP impossible. The DO, unable to attack, challenges Mat to a dice off for the world. Mat wins and sends the DO away to chill with the Aelfinn and Eelfinn. Their aversion to the shadow causes their world to collapse upon itself, killing them and DO.

Oh, and at the end of the series, Rand, Mat and Perrin finally sit down and talk, realizing none of them have any clue about anything relating to women. This leads to a througouh examining of their love lives, to which Perrin follows Mat's lead and ditches Faile. Faile, having none of it, charges the three, only to fall through a bottomless pit that spontaneously opened due to the presence of the three ta'vern. Everyone lives happily ever after.

Well here is the Forsaken deaths from the Crazy Theories section:

Forsaken:

- Demandred kills Rand, realises that killing him wasn't that great and abandon's the shadow, Rand is resurrected, Demandred shakes his head and gives up, opens a Gateway and is never seen again.

-Moridin: Finds out the DO has been lying to him about destroying the Pattern and is actually planning to rule the world like the others believe. Moridin is then in a philosophical conundrum. Meanwhile, Rand seals the DO away while Moridin is pondering playing Sha'rah. Killed by Cyndane and Moghedien because of the crap they endured when he had their mindtraps.

-Cyndane: Manages to get her mindtrap enlisting Rand's aid. Helps Rand seal the bore in hope that he will love her for it. Kills Moridin as above. Explodes in a fit of rage when Rand doesn't actually love her. Kills herself like Lews Therin and creates the mountain known as the "Knife of Dreams".

-Moghedien; Is captured by Nynaeve when trying to kill her, Nynaeve can't be bothered to kill her because of how cowardly she has, and gives the mindtrap to Birgitte. Birgitte makes her help out at the LB. Teams up with Cyndane to kill Moridin. After everything is done, she remains Birgitte's serving maid and has a tempestuous affair with Halwin Norry.

- Graeffalump: Captured trying to kill Galad and Berelain because of their beauty. As a prisoner after the Shadow is defeated, she gives up on her evil ways and falls in love with Olver and they later marry.

For other characters:

Rand: Survives the Last Battle, the blood on the rocks is fulfillied with his wounds bleeding, and everything is all good. Returning to the TR, Bela (the Creator) rears and throws him off, breaking his neck. The last thing he hears before he dies is "WELL DONE, YOU HAVE EARNED YOUR PEACE."

Mat: After a long life of ruling as the Prince of Ravens and unifying Seanchan, he goes for a bit of a gamble in a Hell, with his tasks done, his Ta'veren power is lost and gets him into trouble with some of the patrons. They approach him with knives and he mutters "Blood and bloody ashes, I am supposed to have the Dark One's own luck!" A dagger plunges into his heart and the guy replies, " The Dark One doesn't exist, old man."

Alright, for some ( a little) more serious ones:

Perrin: Bashere and Tenobia die early on in aMoL and Faile is crowned Queen of Saldaea - and Perrin King. Faile get's pregnant from their 1 year anniversary tryst in ToM. Perrin fights with the wolves against Slayer and the Darkhounds, he saves Rand from assassination against Slayer and the Samma N'Sei but sustains crippling injuries. He dies from them soon after the LB is won and his job as ta'veren is complete.

Egwene: Dies leading the final defence (just before Rand seals the bore, where everything seems hopeless) pushing back the Shadowspawn long enough. Her last sight is the sun finally shining through the Shadow and the Storm breaking.

Elayne: Dies in childbirth.

Cadsuane: Goes in a gandalf-like fashion, standing against the Shadow to allow Rand and co. to do something important taking a heap of Shadowspawn down with her, killed by Moghedien eventually. (I don't know why Moggy, I just have a feeling she will kill some people)

Bashere: Exiled by Tenobia, he dies protecting his family to make amends and saves a heap of lives with some kind of suicide mission.

Various named Aiel (top of the list, Rhuarc, Bael, and the other clan chiefs, along with named maidens like Suilin): Similar to what happened in the past Rand saw, they die protecting Rand, literally using their own bodies as shields (not passively, like in the vision) but from something they can't attack, like the Samma N'Sei or one of the Forsaken.

Birgitte: Dies in particularly heroic fashion, planned by the Pattern to correct Moghedien's damage. She returns as a HotH when Mat blows it so we know that everything is alright. After the Last Battle, Elayne tries to find her in TaR but can't. (Implication being that she has been re-born again)

- Cadsuane dying in the resolution of the BT debacle, teaching Asha'man something they need right before she goes. Her ornaments go to Alivia.

- Tam al'Thor dies in the LB, in Illian as the forces of Light retreat there to regroup after the Shadow break their ranks following Merrilor. Mat is there with the Seanchan and HoV to lead the forces of Light to victory, cleansing Randland of Shadowspawn armies with Agelmar, Bashere, Ituralde, and Bryne as his captains.

- Gawyn Trakand dies protecting Egwene during the second Seanchan attack on the WT.

- Al'Lan Mandragoran dies in Tarwin's Gap.

- Taim dies a very violent and cruel death.

- Furyk Karede marries Selucia (if that's possible by Seanchan rules); and both die in the assassination attempt that forces Fortuona to channel (right before Mat arrives to learn her secret and help her keep it and transform begin the Seanchan transformation)

- Rand will be killed by Moiraine before he is fallen to the shadow so the foreshadowing will be completed ( moraine told him she would kill him before shadow has him)

-Egwene will die while she is protecting the White Tower, however Jason Denzel said that she shone in a very glorious way, so maybe she will be a part of Shayol Ghul group and breaking the seals then killed by Shaidar Haran.

- I don't think and want Nynaeve and Lan will die. Someone has to be happy in the ending of the series so they will.

- Gawyn will be killed by Haran while he is protecting Egwene.

- It's obvious Perrin will have a very great fight with Slayer in Randland and TAR to protect Rand from him and two Red-Veiled Aiel. Won't die.

Everyone thinks Logain will kill Taim and fulfils his prophecy but after the prologue I think Taim will be killed by Demandred because Taim attempts an assasination for Rand.

Pevara and Androl will die at the end of the Black Tower battle. Killed by some 13-13 turned Dreadlords.

Cadsuane will go down in the Last Battle while she is protecting some Ashaman and safrifice herself.

Lanfear: if she dies, she only belongs to Moiraine or very slight chance by Aviendha.

Moridin: He won't be killed by someone or something. He will commit suicide when he understood that there is no way to win this game for Shadow and DO. He absolutely cannot come back to light so commit suicide.

Graendal and Mogheiden: respectively by Elayne and Nynaeve.

Cadsuane, if she has to go, then I want her to go out defending Rand.

Hmm. Personally I think Cadsuane is bigger than that kind of death.

To be honest while TGS is one of my favorite books I hate-HAAAAATE!-the way Cadsuane came out of it. By the end of KoD she was fighting Moiraine for 1st place on my list of favorite women, what with the fact that her and Rands relationship had come so far (which I loved every second of, because she got him to work on her terms despite the massive Aes Sedai paranoia arc). Then TGS came, and Shaidars secret existence led to Cadsuane being the scum of the Earth for most readers! I felt robbed of an awesome character.

So my point is, if she dies, Id want it to be something pretty damn decent, something waaaay better than Verins. And whether or not she does die (which I hope she doesnt) then I want the whole Shaidar thing being revealed to Rand before, so she gets back to her old awesome self for a bit in the last book.

Maybe, Alanna gets captured and taken to the Black Tower and dies there, Rand goes dark again and acts like Moridin. Cadsuane exposes Taim as an imposter, and not long after that Shaidar kills her but Rand walks in, Shaidar reveals it was Moriidn who killed Alanna, but not after they 13x13ed her, and he reveals the .Sad Bracelet thing, and that all this was somehow possible because he banished Cadsuane. And out of guilt the list of dead women comes back up with Cadsuanes name at the top.

/nevergunahappen

Moghedien is tasked with leading a Shadowspawn army. Thinking about how much smarter she is than everyone else, she gathers the descendents of a creation of Aginor's now called Bloodwrasps that are a cross between flesh-eating spider, scorpion and human resembling lots of hands, teeth and fur. (A version of this was killed by Rand in eOtW). Unfortunately, like the Jumara, they are not quite mature, so she tries to make them complete metamorphosis. This is a total disaster and she ends up stuck in a web made of things you don't want to know, suspended high over the valley of Thakan'dar. As Nynaeve, Rand and Moiraine begin their venture down to Shayol Ghul, Nynaeve sees her, recognizes her and decides to just leave Moggy there, but not before she decks her with a mighty punch. Unfortunately Nyn had the wrong kind of shoes on so she slips and her aim is off and instead she punches Moggy right in her mindtrap, shattering it and leavy Moggy a mindless automoton wrapped up in a web.

Perrin, exhausted and unhorsed in the midst of a pitched battle, lunges at what he thinks is a very short trolloc and smashes it in the face with his hammer. It actually turns out to have been Graeffalump who had been caught up in a surging wave of Shadowspawn. She goes flying and coincidentally lands next to a dead soldier cased in polished armor. She sees her reflection, and realizing the hammer blow actually improved her looks, finally gives up and eats her own fistful of balefire.

Demandred is feeling smug about himself after the opening blow against Caemlyn, followed up by well-placed Darkfriend assassins taking out the Great Generals Bashere, Agelmar and Ituralde. Additionally his forces have infiltrated the Seanchan high ranks. He's got a shadowspawn army about to ransack Ebou Dar only to learn that the Seanchan have all pulled out of the city and are on the march so now it's a pretty meaningless victory. Then he realizes there's less than a book left so he's pretty much out of time to make his big strategic moves, and since everyone else has gotten more screen time they're way ahead of the game, not to mention he realizes he has no way to match their mobility. He throws a hissy-fit about LTT having "all the advantages" and goes off to live alone on Tremalking because he heard their tea was good. And hey, they left plenty of it lying around for anyone to try...

M'Hael is sitting on his throne when a random bubble of evil strikes and turns the stone into wax. By the time he reacts his rear is encased in a hunk of black rock. When Pevara and Androl overthrow his guards outside they break into his audience room, see him struggling to walk upright with a big block of stone on his posterior, and laugh themselves to death. The noise of falling bodies alerts Logain, who had never been caught but used the rumor as a chance to sneak into the Black Tower alone, and, thinking his cover blown, rushes in to find M'Hael on his back squirming like an upset turtle. He quips, "Dark One get you stoned on your ass?" and promptly dispatches him with an Arrow of Fire.

Cyndane, having pretty much screwed up all of her options, decides to make a pact with Fain to Rule the World Forever after getting rid of both sides. Unfortunately for her, he's bat**** crazy and he has his zombie Trollocs eat her because he thought it would be funny.

As Rand prepares to fulfill his ultimate destiny, Moridin makes one last desperate strike at him. Due to their link and the fragile reality at SG, his strike backfires and rips him out of space and time. He finds himself in a vacuole drifting off from the Pattern with nothing else aside from a white lamb that's singing a repetitive, unending song.

The morning after the Last Battle, Cadsuane is found in her bed having passed away in her sleep the night before. Reportedly, the night before, after everything was over, while apparently being pestered about coming back to the Tower to work on brokering a lasting peace with the Seanchan, she'd told one of the other Sisters "I might live another 5 years, I might live another 30. I saw this through because I must. But now I don't give two figs what you all do next, it'll survive without me now, I'm bloody tired and I'm done with babysitting the lot of you."

Luc - I'd like to see Luc die while dissolving Slayer somehow so that Isam can be freed. Got some sympathy for him in the prologue.

Demandred - During an epic battle Demandred begins to lose to forces led by Mat based on some awesome battlefield maneuver (due to historical parallels, I'm expecting that epic battle to be based upon Waterloo, although given the technological advances in Randland it might be Bizmarck). Demandred is so enraged (as the first in Forsaken in "pure anger") that he Travels to the Shadowspawn frontlines with whatever channelers he's got handy to play a more active role in a desperate attempt to avert disaster (despite his protestations in WH that generals do not fight alongside the men they command). He then runs into Logain leading a circle of channelers and gets annihilated.

Taim's lackeys - Pevara and Androl break through the Dreamspike and collect more channelers. Pevara learns to respect Androl's skill with weaves despite his low raw strength in the Power. Androl is given command of a large circle and basically makes a cyclone of Deathgates using his gateway-Talent wiping out Taim and his lackeys. I don't see Taim himself going out this way, but I see the Black Tower being retaken and Taim kicked out.

Cyndane, having pretty much screwed up all of her options, decides to make a pact with Fain to Rule the World Forever after getting rid of both sides. Unfortunately for her, he's bat**** crazy and he has his zombie Trollocs eat her because he thought it would be funny.

:laugh: Of any predicition I have ever read, this is near the top of things I want to see happen. If there was another book or two left after AMoL, I'd even say it's remotely possible.

M'Hael is sitting on his throne when a random bubble of evil strikes and turns the stone into wax. By the time he reacts his rear is encased in a hunk of black rock. When Pevara and Androl overthrow his guards outside they break into his audience room, see him struggling to walk upright with a big block of stone on his posterior, and laugh themselves to death. The noise of falling bodies alerts Logain, who had never been caught but used the rumor as a chance to sneak into the Black Tower alone, and, thinking his cover blown, rushes in to find M'Hael on his back squirming like an upset turtle. He quips, "Dark One get you stoned on your ass?" and promptly dispatches him with an Arrow of Fire.

Well this one is a given.

The only question is if it will come before or after the chapter where Perrin asks Slayer if he wants to go get hammered.

Alanna - gets 13x13 or compelled to kill herself at a specific moment triggering warder death rage or at least some fraction of it that leads to Rand's first death.

Tam - killed by a blademaster (or near), Galad or Gawyn possibly while protecting Rand.

Cads - surprise death. An unseen arrow etc.

Thom - gets knifed in the heart.

Elayne - killed by kidnapper, probably Dem.

Edorion - gets burned by a fireball from Tuon.

Narishma - protecting Merise like a bamf or warder death rage.

Pevara - heart stops the moment her warder dies. A side-effect of the db bond.

Galad - blood on the rocks.

Gawyn - something horrid. Fain or SH for him.

Nynaeve - goes out protecting Moiraine. Surprises herself.

Min - strangled by a DF.

Perrin - gets eaten by a lion.

I've always wanted to see Egwene bite the bullet and go out the way she has always been portrayed through the series.  It's setup so well by Rand using exactly what she always does to bring everyong to the FoM.  Shes right, everyone else is wrong, she has to prove that its her way or no way.  Rand is the flippin savior of the world yet she thinks that she knows what he can and cant to.  Rand leaves to break the seals, she tries to jump ahead of him thinking that he's gonna screw it up badly, and manages to get herself and a few thousand other people killed in a massive ambush by the Shadow.  That is the way she SHOULD die.... but I highly doubt it will. 

It seems she is to be the counter point to Rand in the ying and yang motife of the books, so therefore as the heroine she has to do something heroic, or go out incredibly even though most of the series she has done virtually nothing to deserve it.  Even what shes done to earn it was done the normal Egwene way (I'm right your wrong... oh wait you did the same thing I'm doing now... you were wrong then but since I"m doing it now its just fine).

Every other female lead in the series has earned the right to whatever if any glorious ending is given, just not Egwene, yet she will most likely be the one to get the most glory no matter what.

If she dies it will most likely be in the last massive assault against the shdow, or defending Tar Valon as Demandred's armies are released to attack from Shara or the Isle of Madmen by gateway behind the lines of Rands forces or the Seanchan.  She rushes back with an underwhelming force, is about to be overrun by the Shadow as the Seanchan lead by Mat show up to defend TV and defeat the shadow,   She'll die somewhere either right before the resuce or in some heroic moment at the end of the battle (saving Tuon and Mat maybe).

Rand - Stoned as usual, Rand is driving 15 mph on I-10 when a Texas state trooper pulls him over for going too slow.  Rand coughs, and the trooper shoots him.

Perrin - Overdoses on creatine.

Egwene - Dies when Dragonmount fans stone her to death.  The same happens to Gawyn.  And then Faile, and then....

Elayne - Dies while attempting a base jump from the tip of Dragonmount.

Min - Killed by bird droppings in the Blight.

Nynaeve - Her braid comes back for revenge and strangles her.

Lan - Dies of old age during the Last Battle.  But hey congrats dude on getting the pretty young thing.

Thom and Moiraine - Die spectacularly while snagging in the patches of Thom's cloak, falling into a Dragon, and riding a Dragon Egg, Wily Coyote style, all the way to the Town.  They survive that of course, and kill some of the crazy mutha f*&%ers with knives and fire, but fall into a spiked pit.  Still fighting!  They climb out, kill Cyndane and a few others and then a piano drops on them.  It's a player piano, and it's only song is Inagada Davida and they can't make it stop, so they put a bullet in each other's brain.

Siuan and Bryne - Die waiting while Siuan tries to figure out she really feels about Gareth.

Talmanes and the Band - Like all bands, they start harmoniously, then they squabble, then they start to fight.  And then they kill each other.

Rand - Stoned as usual, Rand is driving 15 mph on I-10 when a Texas state trooper pulls him over for going too slow.  Rand coughs, and the trooper shoots him.

Perrin - Overdoses on creatine.

Egwene - Dies when Dragonmount fans stone her to death.  The same happens to Gawyn.  And then Faile, and then....

Elayne - Dies while attempting a base jump from the tip of Dragonmount.

Min - Killed by bird droppings in the Blight.

Nynaeve - Her braid comes back for revenge and strangles her.

Lan - Dies of old age during the Last Battle.  But hey congrats dude on getting the pretty young thing.

Thom and Moiraine - Die spectacularly while snagging in the patches of Thom's cloak, falling into a Dragon, and riding a Dragon Egg, Wily Coyote style, all the way to the Town.  They survive that of course, and kill some of the crazy mutha f*&%ers with knives and fire, but fall into a spiked pit.  Still fighting!  They climb out, kill Cyndane and a few others and then a piano drops on them.  It's a player piano, and it's only song is Inagada Davida and they can't make it stop, so they put a bullet in each other's brain.

Siuan and Bryne - Die waiting while Siuan tries to figure out she really feels about Gareth.

Talmanes and the Band - Like all bands, they start harmoniously, then they squabble, then they start to fight.  And then they kill each other.

Wow. Would you please inform me as to what sort of LSD-induced high you were on?  But I do like Egwene's/Gawyn's/Faile's death.

If I may be serious ever since I read Lord of Chaos I have a had a simple theory.

Remember when Taim threw out the Black Tower's swordmaster since he thought it was useless? Ever since then I had a feeling that he be killed by a sword. A simple normal everyday sword. Maybe by a channeler, maybe by a someone who just in the right place at the right time. Just something I think would make me smile.

Archived