Wrestling Promotions  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which Promotion do you prefer?

• WWE
    • TNA
    • ROH
    • Dragon Gate
    • Other (please specify)

Wrestling has been up and down for the past few years across all the different promotions and I couldn't find any threads here that were discusing it so I thought I would start. I gre up watching WWF now WWE and would watch ECW/WCW when I could but with Vince buying everything, Bischoff desperatly trying to get attention and ROH and Dragon gate never being given a chance I truly believe that unless something amazing happens "professional" wrestling as we know it will die

lol I know the way things have been in recent years part of me wishes it would just go away but I find myself inevitably drawn back in the hopes it has improved. As yet it has not although the performers across the brands are really talented they are simply not being used productively

I prefer WWE because of production values and availability. TNA looks cheap and does not have many good entrance themes, and other promotions like ROH, CZW, Chikara, Dragon Gate, and PWG are too much work to watch.

I do watch Raw and Impact and catch an occasional Smackdown or Main Event if I am not out with friends. Strangely, I have found TNA over the last few months to have the better product, but it looks like the WWE might be getting out of the funk it has been in since after MITB.

Who knows, though? The WWE has a pretty good track record of screwing good thing up royally.

For me, WWE is in restructuring mode after loosing both the Undertaker and Triple H to retirement. I do agree that TNA has the better product right now, even though the Aces and Eights is reminding me of the NWO days on WCW. I do think that WWE is being really stupid right now. The top wrestlers in my house were The Rock, Stone Cold, with the Undertaker the way no1, while acknowledging the other wrestlers from by-gone days. I also am not sure WWE can survive, which means TNA is in a position to replace the WWE.. If nothing changes, of course. It is for these reasons that I vote for TNA, even though I still watch RAW. I have not heard of ROH at all. Does it feature anyone I know?

ROH has charlie haas and shelton bengiman (Spelling?) ex wwe and is on-screen ran by James e.Cornette. Unfortunately its a low budget promotion so everyone they have who is worth a damn soon gets snapped up by the bigger promotions but its the best place if you want to see stars of the future. For example, CM punk, Daniel Bryan, Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal, Antonio Cesaero, Kerry King all all from ROH.

Yea after invasion I walked away for a few years but was channel surfing and came accross TNA so decided to give it a go and the wrestling fanatic in me returned still jaded and disapointed but ever hopeful lol TNA has actually been quite good recently. I'm annoyed that there writing out alot of the talent who I enjoy seeing such as EY and Magnus. Getting a bit bored of the Sons of Anarchy rip offs but the matches are least good.

I just thought since I grew up involved in the Wrestling business, (brother wrestles professionally even wrestled for WCW before it was bought out and my father ran an independent company for awhile) that I'd let you know that 1 wrestling is pretty fake, and 2 if you want to watch wrestling and enjoy it, watch the independent companies. You would have to go to their shows instead of being able to watch it on tv but the entertainment value is higher.

I have always known it was fake.... that's what makes it fun to watch!!!!!!!

In a side note, I went off WWF for a few years after Owen Hart's death. I was watching RAW went that happened... will never forget it. I believe that McMahon was disgusting in how that was handled, which was why I switched off. Started watching WCW in that period, and found it quite a change of pace.

So thats where Haas and Shelton went!!! Well, wish we could have a look at it here.

There are a few places online that allow you to watch ROH and the other promotions online although they are not exactly legal so I'll let you make your own mind up about that but i also think they put thier events up on thier own website but not sure

Archived