DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your life as a channeler

madman

If I could get away with being a wilder, that would be the thing for me. I don't like people telling me what to do. I'd learn my own weaves and see where my talents take me. Healing would be a great skill to have. The only way I'd go for a bond is if I was the one doing the bonding.

I'm going to have to go with False Dragon and/or Dragon here (Taim/Logan/Rand). Rebel, discovering the power on my own, becoming powerful, knowing that either I was destined to go crazy and kill everyone I care about, or else I'm destined to save the world, so I'd suck it up and try to save the and/or take over the world or die trying. And hey, maybe I am the one; who knows?

Not a great option, but frankly most of the others are worse.

If I could make up my own story, then I would like to be a sparker, found by another channeller and taught what they know. Not affiliated to any organization. As for Talents, I would like a Talent for making angreal and it's affiliates. The crazy stuff I would get up to... I'd probably end up burning myself out or something.

I would probably be tempted to experiment with all kinds of weaves, even a bit of compulsion and randomly turn up for the Last Battle with a few tricks. Assuming I would survive, I would start some kind of my own organization, with a few apprentices and such. I don't think the WT or even BT would approve of some of the stuff I'd do. Not evil, just a bit...dangerous.

Well if we are going by anything in one's real life as a indication then I would probably be a wilder, a village wisdom or some other that kind of healer. My mother is an alternative therapist, she work with Reiki, Aromatherapy, Acupuncture, herbs and the like so translate that to WoT and she would be a village wisdom and she would probably have taught me her craft so most realistically I would be a wilder healer.

What I would probably be if I got to choose myself would be an Aes Sedai of either the Brown, Blue or Yellow Ajah, I love books and learning, I hate injustice and like to do something about it if I can and I am interested in alternative forms of medicine so I would fit as a healer as well but I do think Brown would fit the most.

In the Age of Legends I might go over to the Shadow though, and here is why. That sort of utopia they have in that time period where the Power is even used to make people docile and non violent, not direct compulsion but at least an influence, I think that sort of society is a absolute horror and while I am not to keen on the whole selling my soul thing, I might just make that sacrifice to help society break out of the prison of such a controlled, unnatural society and get back to something that better suit human nature. I might become a follower of Ishamael since his ideas about breaking out of the endless cycle of the Wheel and the puppetry it have over human lives is interesting. If I was convinced that everything was predestined, that there where no free will and that nothing ever mattered, that even if I succeeded in every goal for my life then in the next age, or the next time the current age came again all the problems would be back and nothing would have changed and it would be that way forever I might agree with the guy that complete destruction of the universe would be preferable to that eternal prison of mind, body and soul. So yes in the Age of Legends I think I would like to be a Dreadlord (ehm...Dreadlady) in the service of Ishamael.

As for talents I think healing would fit me as well.

Well if we are going by anything in one's real life as a indication then I would probably be a wilder, a village wisdom or some other that kind of healer. My mother is an alternative therapist, she work with Reiki, Aromatherapy, Acupuncture, herbs and the like so translate that to WoT and she would be a village wisdom and she would probably have taught me her craft so most realistically I would be a wilder healer.

Norla from the Black Hills. Every AS should have been made to spend time with her as Cads did.

• 3 weeks later...

If gender didn't matter i would be a Member of the Brown Ajah.

But unlike their failings I would seek out to spread knowledge. Set us schools of higher learning and use the massive accumulated knowledge that the tower has to truly better humanity. They have one of the largest collections of knowledge on the planet and what do they do with it? They keep it locked up where only they can use it. I would use my tower wages to buy property for schools to be build (hopefully some kings and queens would agree to help) and i would pay scribes to copy the works that are locked up in various libraries so they can be passed out among the various schools in different nations.

Knowledge is useless to humanity if only a few possess it, give it to all humanity and see where it goes. Even considering the oath rod i'd have a good 200+ years to set up a system that will push humanity back on track to get itself out of the stale state its in. With out the rod and having 600ish years to work i'm pretty sure my mission could bring civilization up to a point that we would no longer have to worry about trollocs anymore.

"oh no trollocs are invading... with their swords and axes"

"well get the machine guns out and blast them"

I get the sense that living in Randland wouldn't really be a fun experience, but I suppose it might be worth it if it comes with a 600 year lifespan. I don't like the Asha'man lifestyle, just getting ordered around all the time, and Aes Sedai would be a pain to deal with all the time, so I'd pick being a wilder. Even if it means not knowing any weaves, or knowing just a couple of crude ones. I'd have to spark just a little before saidin is cleansed because I probably wouldn't like going insane. So that would overall leave me with a 600 year lifespan to do with as I please, which should be plenty to build up a comfortable living.

Why not go for being a early first age channeler then, that would be our world with cell phones computers and kebab shops and assuringly no huge channeler organizations to deal with though some organizing there have to be since the early channelers built the portal stone network. No taint, no Aes Sedai, no Black Tower but all the benefits of being a channeler, now sure the downside is that the first age ends in a nuclear war but win some loose some and if you survive you get the be a part of the first parts of the Age of Legends. Also if we are wishing why not really go for it, 600 years no no wish to be a really strong channeler, I mean LTT look like he have just hit middle years when he dies and he is 400 at that time if I am not mistaken, and that is with the strain of a long lasting war and battling and evil God face to face and then going insane, a strong channeler can reach 800 to 1000 years easily.

I would be a male channeller and go simply ad Passwave as I would pass by on a wave of destruction. I would blow stuff up till I was gentled then spend the rest of my days in the White Tower garden sipping tea and playing Stones. I would then play and beat the Amyrlin at Stones for the return of my powers. Then the almighty Passwave would lead an army of dust to the Last Battle (I would get there so fast, everyone would "eat my dust"). If I survived I'd sell darkhound cubs out the back of my truck, er... cart. Fun fun fun.

Archived