DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Raena

Who comes before us as candidate for Accepted? (blank)

The following Novice has met the Requirements to be Raised to Accepted and may post her Arches when ready.

Format:

The Declarations take three parts:

Declaration of Self: Post a few sentences to a paragraph about who you are. Why did you start reading WoT? How did you find DM? Feel free to add anything you think will be interesting or meaningful.

Declaration of Commitment: Post a few sentences to a paragraph about your time as a Novice. What projects have you done? Have you made any friends? Please share with us your memorable moments.

Declaraction of Intent: Post a few sentences to a paragraph about what your plans are as an Accepted and Aes Sedai. What do you plan to do to get raised? Have you begun to consider any Ajahs? What future goals would you like to share with us?

Declaration of Self:

I have been aware that Wheel of Time exists for many years but I never knew anyone who had read it and could vouch it was worth starting a 14 book series. About 3 years ago I discovered a fairly new writer called Brandon Sanderson and quickly tore through all his books and generally thought he was the best thing ever. Then when I finished all of his books I was overcome with sadness but then I remembered he was finishing the Wheel of Time. A thought then occurred to me, I could read all the books just so I could get to the bits that Brandon Sanderson wrote (fangirl level = dangerous).

Of course I did and I was utterly amazed by the series and fell head over heels in love with the characters, the setting and the idea of being an Aes Sedai. I starting getting obsessed with Wheel of Time and listening to podcasts and reading opinions and I stumbled upon Dragonmount. I was a big lurker for a while but decided to take the plunge into the forums and I'm really glad I did.

Declaration of Commitment:

As a novice I've just generally been busy poking about the Tower and investigating the goings on! I was lucky enough to be put into House Damodred and talking to the lovely people in there was enough to give me confidence to go forth and join conversations and get to know people. I've never used social forums before and I wasn't sure how I would find but I've met some really lovely people here. I've also taken part in some great events - the Brown Ajah Banned Book week was awesome and had some great discussions that were fun to participate in and I even won the Bingo thread. I also took part in the Green Ajah Halloween Event which was loads of fun with an extra dash of spookiness thrown in!

Declaraction of Intent:

As an Accepted I really just hope to continue doing what I've been doing. Getting to know people a lot better and helping out in all the awesome events. I really want to be a valuable member of the Tower and will strive to remain active. I have began to consider Ajahs but in all honestly I'm not close to making a decision. I just want to make friends and be comfortable in all areas of the Tower and when I do petition an Ajah I will try my best to represent them in the best way possible.

Lovely Arches, blank! Welcome to the Ring!

(Someday I will just have to ask you how you came up with the username you have . . . :biggrin: . . . but we'll do that in another thread. This one is for your Raising to Accepted!)

*tosses multicolored confetti and ribbon streamers* I was going to release blue and green and red and white and yellow and gray and brown balloons but they disappeared from the storeroom. Oddly, I later saw Warders practicing their archery skills using balloons as targets . . . :biggrin:

Aw guys thank you so much :happy:

*hugs everyone* :wub:

Good lordy wasn't she an initiate just yesterday still?? o_O

I mean ... congratulations, blank!

And yes I also want to know how that handle came about ... I keep thinking someone's blanking out a swearword when I see it! lol

I know, I know...I'll slow down :laugh:

As for the username - it just came out because it described my mind at the time when I was asked to pick a username...I'm not too inventive :tongue: