DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Audiobooks

PrncRny

So. I'm posting this here because I'm not sure where else to say it, but it's something that's been on my mind

Plainly put, Michael Krame and Kate Reading have ruined me for other Audiobook readers. My wife and I have been listening to the audiobooks for a while now, since I do alot of driving for work, and she recently tried to listen to a different story, something called Uglies. The reader for that series, strangely, began to grate on us. She wasn't Kate.

It's gonna make it difficult to listen to much of anything else, I think.

So my question is that, since we haven't listened to the audio for any of hte Mistborn books or the Way of Kings (though having read them, they're amazing) I know Kramer does the readings for Mistborn, but does he do it for Stormlight as well? Will the pair of them continue to read Sanderson's novels as they have Jordan's? What else can I hear them in?

• Community Administrator

Here's a list (on Audible.com) of all Michael Kramer's books, and all of Kate Reading's. Personally, I think they are only so-so as narrators. I've listened to TONS of audiobooks. The best was Frank Muller, who did a few in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. His voice for Eddie is perfect!

I liked Michael Kramer throughout the entire series. He did a convincing job with the characters as they matured throughout the series. Kate Reading started grating on my nerves towards the end of the series.

For some reason, I prefer narrators with English accents.

• Community Administrator

I guess it could be that they're the first I have ever listened to regularly. Maybe others will grow on me. Lol

It's all personal preference. Sometimes I can't listen to an audio book based solely on the narrator. That's sad, but part of life. I could only get half way through David Farland's The Sum of All Men because the narrator was terrible!

For some reason, I prefer narrators with English accents.

I do too! I bet people in Britain don't, though. :P

I agree that Micheal and Kate are top notch when it comes to narrators. I'm also glad to hear that I am not the only one who likes to hear a British accent, although I agree that it wouldn't fit with the WOT series. Micheal and Kate did a great job with The Way of Kings, IMO.

Two more of my favorites are Jonathon Davis and Marc Thompson, who have done a lot of the Star Wars novels.

Archived