DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand will die for real, but not for good

Wool-headed lummox

My top prediction for AMoL. Rand will be killed, his body mourned and buried/cremated. His soul, however, will be captured by the Dark One, who will somehow find a way to make the Dragon serve him, and get transmigrated into a new body, just like the Forsaken were. We will see a first-hand account of what it feels like to be a bodyless soul in the DO's grasp, the deleted chapter River of Souls will possibly be related to this.

So there it is. Rand will be reborn in a new body, and will be under the DO's control for a while.

Intresting idea, I too think Rand will die, but I'm not so sure he will come back. Sure there is that if you want to live you have to die thing, but somehow I doubt he will be brought back.....

Then again this is not the first time I have completly wrong. Sigh, I can't wait to see how all will play out.

Agree in general, disagree on details, WHL (though my guess is as good as yours).

My bet is on a Rand/Moridin merge on the Isam/Luc model, in which one does live and one does die. Moridin is the one who lives in Rand's body, does all kinds of horrible things, and serves as the host for the DO's materialization on Earth (which consumes him); or gets killed by Fain, or Alivia. Have no idea.

Anyhow, Rand goes to TAR. The Shadow there will be hunting him for him, but Perrin, Egwene, and some others come to save him. Nynaeve rips him out (thus healing death) like Moggy did, and returning to Earth he will bring back hope, a memory of light, etc, etc.

I think Mat and Perrin were two taveren woven into the pattern to keep Rand/The Dragon sane. The Pattern new about the taint and how the shadow will try to turn The Dragon by bringing him sorrow. So it spawned Perrin and Mat to save him.

This was my original thought before tGS. Now I'm not sure of the role of Mat and Perrin and there link with the Dragon and each other. It's the biggest thing that I want resolved in aMoL.

Why dose this incarnation of the Dragon have two lesser (In comparison with the dragon. They are actually insanely powerful tav'eren themselves) Ta'veren tagged to him? Did LTT have these lesser ta'veren with him as well? Whats the connection? ect ect...

In regards to the "Live you must die" I think its quite simple. Rand al'Thor will be the voice in the head of the next incarnation of the Dragon, or he WILL BE the next Dragon. The Dragon is The Dragon before he his Rand or Lews Therin. To live again in the next age he must die. This theory is flawed however because it doesn't take into account the boat and Padan Fain. It's the best I can do.

Personally I find Nyneave, Mat and Perrin's stories so much more interesting and I really hope they live after TG to have there own adventures and Ta'veren.

It would appear that last time the Dragon had Sammael and Dem before they turned, two of the great generals. However, they were Aes Sedai as well, and for all the virtue we heap on that age, it's quite apparent that the infighting, corruption and lines of mistrust make the Tower, pre-Egwene, look like pre-school.

I suppose this time around the Pattern arranged a better connection between the Dragon and his generals, they grew up together, and also removed them from any consideration of taking over, power struggle or any other form of competition with the Dragon.

There is not much Perrin has left to do, I guess he may inherit Saldea, but then what happens to the Two Rivers? Frankly I would rather have him go back home. Other than that issue, he has resolved his leadership issues and the violence within him and has become a master of the dream. He has to kill Slayer I suppose, but Perrin does not have many stories left to tell.

Nynaeve's stories, if she survives, could be about rebuilding Malkier or trying to reclaim land from the Blight, but most likely she would be fighting the Seancan with the Tower, so I would definitely like to see more of her. Mat would also be dealing with the Seanchan. In my opinion thought, this is the last war Perrin fights.

Archived