DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Finally found my way!

ReleaseTheEvil

Hello everyone! My name is Michael and I'm a pretty big WoT fan. Obviously, I can't say too big as I haven't done 17 proper rereads like many fans, but I do really love the series all the same. Once I had finally got caught up with the series shortly after the release of the last novel I was so excited to finally be able to read and interact with people about WoT online without worring about spoilers. Oddly enough despite having Dragonmount on Twitter and wishing very much to be able to go to a Dragoncon, I totally overlooked the site!

Well, here I finally am! I'm from Canada but recently started my PhD in the UK. I need to get all caught up with the series again before the last novel (sounds so weird to say that, and I've only been following it for less than 10 years). Need to actually see when I started reading it actually...

Anyways, I am sort of rambling. I've been part of an online gaming community for a very long time and typically am active on those forums, so I really hope I can transition that interest and enthusiasm here :).

Thanks!

RTE

Hi there :biggrin: Welcomsies to DM! Oh well not all of us have read the series that many times lol :tongue: Myself I've only read it all the way through like 4 times :rolleyes:

Oooh from Canada eh? Do ya play any hockey? :happy: Who are your favorite characters from le books?

If I were you I'd check out the Social Groups first, cuz they're awesome :happy: There are also discussion boards and rp boards as well.

And sorry I'm my welcome is a bit lame, it's sorta very late here and I'm half asleep :rolleyes: Please feel free to ask if you have questions :happy: Enjoy.

Thanks for the welcome folks! RTE is usually the acronym used for my name, so that works well ;)! lolguy26, I see you are having avi troubles. You may want to change it perhaps? It's OBVIOUSLY lovely as is though!

Thanks Cyan! Definitely not lame at all! I did play hockey but not anymore sadly. Favorite characters is so tough, I truly can't choose... Ahhh. However I'll probably be asked this a lot so I should know. I have a soft spot for Perrin, although many don't feel the same. I do like wolves a lot though... Can't not love Loial either obviously.. So hard to pick favorites! Will check out the social side of things! ;)

O.o I just noticed what your handle was now :rolleyes: >.< Hmmmm your nickname shall be Kneevil or just Nevil for short :nods: :wink:

Despite what one would think, Lolly actually rather loves his avi :happy: Pink is his favorite color, though he is a tiny bit annoyed about the bubbles :cackleh:

Bahahah thanks :tongue: And awww too bad you don't play anymore. Hockey is totally awesome :nods :happy: And Perrin eh? Do you think he was better before or after Faile? If you like wolves, you should check out the Wolfkin :wink:

Anyways, I am sort of rambling. I've been part of an online gaming community for a very long time and typically am active on those forums, so I really hope I can transition that interest and enthusiasm here :).

Welcome to DM, RTE!

Which gaming comunity where you part of? There are quite a lot gaming fans here as well, so I'm sure you'll fit right in! ;) Btw, come and say hello at the Wolfkin, we are all wolfbros and wolfsisters :hopper:

Hello and welcome RTE :happy:

It's good to see more people who live in the UK joining, timezone changes are a pain in the backside!

Hope you enjoy yourself here and come along to the White Tower and hang out. All the who posted here also hang out in the White Tower, I've seen them all with my very eyes.

Come hang out!

Hehehe :rolleyes: Well if the names are long or unpronounceable, I like to shorten them. And if their short, well I still like to change them :tongue:

I can't say RTE. It's missing a vowel. And I'm absoultely positive your pronouncing Nevil wrong or you would see how awesome it is :wink:

Ha ha ha. Sorry for the lack of replies! I've had a busy couple of days! Nevil would be awkward, but if that's all I get... :P Hoping it doesn't stick ;), I agree _Cloud on this one!

RTE is the most common one, if said out loud would just be saying the 3 letters. But I'm open to new ones... Functional new ones... ;)

So to the questions!

I think Perrin is better after Faile! (dodges rotten fruit) She brings out what he never knew he had in him. I think.. Can't wait to join the Wolfkin! :D Will post tonight!

The gaming community I mentioned is The Amazon Basin. Evidently I'm very biased, but I think it is the best and friendliest gaming community evar. If you play PC multiplayer/onine games or are looking for a great group of friendly gamers to talk to I'd be happy to pass you all the link :)! Or you can google it I suppose. There are really big groups for different PC games as well, so it's really cool.

I'm from Montreal, Canada, and am doing my PhD in Experimental Psychology :). I'd be happy to talk about all or any of these things with anyone who's interested ;).

Thank you all for the very warm welcome. Excited and hope to fit right in (although my avatar is not going to turn pink, sorry!). I'll also check out the White Tower ;)!

:shakeshead: Obviously none of you are pronouncing it right :rolleyes: Tis fine, I'm not going to call you by a name if you dislike it :tongue: May I call you Arty then?

*throws rotten fruit* jk :rolleyes: Faile isn't as bad as people think she is.

Expiremental Psychology does sound very interesting. If you ever join the WT, be sure to say hi to the Whites :wink:

As for the pink avis, that was a bet :laugh:which sorta backfired...

Archived