DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How will the Forsaken die?

Post your theories about what kinds of gruesome ends the main villains will undoubtedly face in AMoL. I'll go first:

Moghiedin, as we know, is mindtrapped and mortally afraid of losing her pendant ever since Moridin gave it to her for good performance. She's also Nynaeve's greatest nemesis, and was held as an adam slave for quite some time, thus earning her punishment. I think it's pretty clear that wretched lightskirt Nynaeve and Moggy will have their final showdown, during which Nyna will grab hold of Moggy's mindtrap, thus returning her to the position of a sex slave, held by bonds stronger than ever before. And then she'll break the coursouvra, leaving Moggy a mindless soulless body.

Cyndane will probably get a load of balefire from Moiraine Reborn, protecting Rand as she did in Fires of Heaven.

Demandred is a total mystery, and he'll probably get killed while trying to reap vengeance on Rand, though not by Rand himself, thus dealing a final insult to a man butthurt about being Lews Therin's inferior.

M'Hael will be destroyed by Pevara, rushing to save her beloved Androl. She will then place her fists on her hips and tell Androl "I told you the Red Ajah knows how to handle men who can channel".

Moridin will end up killing himself in an ultimate fit of nihilism and self-deconstruction.

Hessalam will survive the Last Battle, desperately anticipating her prompt execution in a cell somewhere. Alternatively, she'll join Valan Luca's circus as a star performer.

Ehhh, I don't have high hopes for any of the Forsaken dying in any cool manner. RJ never did them justice and liked them to go out with a squeak or a moral lesson on their faults that leads to their downfall. Here is what I hope for anyway.

Moghedien: The Nynaeve showdown seems likely, she will probably beg her to release her from the Cour'souvra because she is hating on Moridin but Nynaeve will break it instead.

Cyndane: I agree, Moiraine will probably save Rand from her (again).

Demandred: There are so many possibilities to have this be awesome, but knowing how the others have been dealt with he will be so focused on Rand that someone else kills him whilst he is unaware.

M'Hael: Logain will kill him, earning his glory and the Egwene dream will be complete. (Him stepping over a black stone [Taim's podium] with "Rand" dead. His face crumbling away like a mask = Taim pretending to be Rand, or act on Rand's orders, so the false one is killed)

Moridin: Rand will kill him with some kind of counter to the True Power, or maybe even out-logic him into despair and "relieve" him from his sorry life.

Hessalam: She will go out trying to kill someone in a jealous fit of rage because they are attractive. Like Galad and Berelain, then some channeler comes along and cleans her up.

Moridin: He is one of the men in Min's viewing of "two men lying on the ground surrounded by ranks and ranks of Trollocs", Rand is the other one. His and Rand's armies clash near Shayol Ghul leading to both men's deaths, maybe because of their link.

Cyndane: Betrays Shadow and commits suicide.

Demandred: He'll be captured somehow, have a talk with Rand then will be hanged.

M'Hael: Definitely killed by Logain. Though, I think he'll escape the battle at the Black Tower.

Moghedien: I hope we won't get another Nynaeve v. Moggy. That's done with in my opinion. Perhaps, she'll go after Egwene.

Hessalam: No idea. But I suspect she'll want revenge for her new body.

Moridin: He is one of the men in Min's viewing of "two men lying on the ground surrounded by ranks and ranks of Trollocs", Rand is the other one. His and Rand's armies clash near Shayol Ghul leading to both men's deaths, maybe because of their link.

Not a chance. I suppose I'm being somewhat hypocritical, as I don't really have a better theory, but there's no way Moridin--the prominant antagonist and foresaken for each book--will die alongside Trollocs. He's too important to be fighting in a hand-to-hand battle. If he's somehow at a disadvantage vs. Rand, he'd probably flee to a position that puts Rand at a loss, and trollocs have never been Rand's problem.

Dem out lives Rand and decides he's got nothing left to live for and offs himself. Or Taim does him in.

But what about Min's other viewing about Rand merging with another man and one of them dying?

Without giving it much thought...

Moggy: Nynaeve seems fairly straight forward.

Lanfear: I'll go out on a limb and say Moridin. The end of TOM was probably a ruse, but I can see her go all 'join me Lews Therin and together we can crush the DO and rule all!' Followed by Moridin promptly showing up and crushing her mindtrap. (Someone mindtrapped is going to die via it being crushed, just seems like something that has to happen on screen at least once.)

Graendal/Hessalam: Not expecting much here. I feel like her story is pretty much up, she'll essentially be slightly significant fodder. No big scene, maybe a minor minor character killed before she dies, but mostly just quickly snuffed out. Going out a limb...Thom. Followed by a Moraine balefire. (Not expecting that one, but Thom deserves a Forsaken kill, or at least an assist.)

Moridin: Rand. Or dies when Rand dies via link.

Demandred: Could be anyone. If he kills someone significant, that characters significant other or close friend will do him in. Safest bet for his end is probably Rand, or maybe Moraine. (Or maybe Logain's glory is tied into stopping Dem and his armies after the BT storyline.) But he dies only after Mat outsmarts him in battle.

Moghiedin - She'll hide her mindtrap, so she can fight Ny with the OP without the pain, Birgitta will find it and decide to use Moggy as a stool/foot rest/mounting block for the rest of her life.

Cyndane - Will have a nervous breakdown when she realises that LTT has 3 women on the go...

Demandred - His head will explode when someone else kills Rand.

M'Hael - He will figure out a way to remove his own head and shove it up his own... well you get the idea.

Moridin - Realises that he is depressed, takes some prozac and decides to take up sheep herding.

Hessalam - Gets Stilled and imprisoned in a room full of mirrors.

Logically the above choices make sense. However, I don't think anybody saw Rand balefiring Semirhage...So we should expect a few surprises in AMOL.

Ishamael did die a cool death. I like how RJ killed off the Chosen, death can come from anywhere even to the most powerful.

the forsaken will die painful (just a joke)

oh, and on moggy, i think it would be interesting for egwene to encounter moghedien in tar. moghedien is the self proclaimed queen of tar, and is a little stronger in the power than egwene, but egwene is much stronger in tar than any of the dreamwalkers among the aiel, it could be an interesting matchup, although it should be one sided (moggy should beat the crap out of egwene) moggy is also very arrogant. so is egwene but she would never underestimate a forsaken.

Moridin- killed by Rand, or possibly by either the TP itself or Narishma after Rand dies. Or he betrays the Shadow, perhaps because Rand convinces him that destroying the world isn't actually logical at all.

Cyndane- killed by Cadsuane, Nynaeve, or Egwene. Or she betrays the Shadow, but I doubt it.

Demandred- in spite of whatever promise was made, killed by Moridin right as he is about to kill Rand, because "al'Thor is mine."

M'Hael- killed by Logain.

Hessalam- killed by some slightly more minor character. Maybe an Asha'man, or a Kinswoman, or a so-and-so-din-blah-blah-blah, or somebody.

Not a chance. I suppose I'm being somewhat hypocritical, as I don't really have a better theory, but there's no way Moridin--the prominant antagonist and foresaken for each book--will die alongside Trollocs. He's too important to be fighting in a hand-to-hand battle. If he's somehow at a disadvantage vs. Rand, he'd probably flee to a position that puts Rand at a loss, and trollocs have never been Rand's problem.

Well, Rand and Moridin will face each other eventually. Both think it has to happen at the right place and the right time. I don't understand why you say that's not Shayol Ghul. They both will likely have armies with them. And if Moridin is at a disadvantage against Rand at SG where the DO is at his strongest, I don't know any place where Moridin will have the advantage.

Dem out lives Rand and decides he's got nothing left to live for and offs himself. Or Taim does him in.

But what about Min's other viewing about Rand merging with another man and one of them dying?

There comes the resurrection. I'm theorising this is Rand's first attempt on SG. He fails and dies. Thus fulfilling part of the dark prophecy at the end of ToM about the Broken Wolf's death bringing fear to people and stuff. He gets resurrected and tries again, this time succeeding.

Demandred trips over his own feet and falls down a flight of stairs. Hits his head. Amnesia. Doesn´t remember who he is or where he was supposed to go. We will also never know. Wanders onto the street. Gets run over by an ox cart.

Moridin is eating when he hears of Demnadreds unfortunate fate. Starts laughing. Chokes on a piece of bread.

M´hael is enjoying some Two Rivers tabac and a few bottles of wine after becoming the new nae´blis. Falls asleep. Bed catches fire from the pipe.

Hessalam offs herself. Nobody cares.

Moghedien dies on the battlefield due a stray trolloc spear. Nyn somehow heals her. Then stabs Moggy in the heart. Twice.

Cyndene dies when the DO breaks free and destroys everything.

When Rand breaks the Seals, all the remaining Forsaken fall over and break their necks. They die instantly 3 hours later.

Moridin and Demandred are spared. Theyre walking along the beach holding hands, about to experience their first kiss, when BAM the Seals break, both fall face first into the other without breaking their necks. Demandred is suddenly turned off and hunts Rand for ruining the perfect moment, whereas Moridin sees it as a sign of the Creators approval of his no-longer-secret lusting after Demandred. "You can be my second best anytime baby"

Well, Rand and Moridin will face each other eventually. Both think it has to happen at the right place and the right time. I don't understand why you say that's not Shayol Ghul. They both will likely have armies with them. And if Moridin is at a disadvantage against Rand at SG where the DO is at his strongest, I don't know any place where Moridin will have the advantage.

I predict they'll battle at SG, just not in the presence of trollocs. Moridin has never had an army, why start now?

cyndane, mog, and demandred all end up in a "phantom zone" like prison and go spiraling away with their faces screaming. (imagine terance stamp/zog as demandred...)

moridin gets beat to a pulp, but still lives - waiting for the turn of the next wheel. super po'd again.

everyone else pretty much dies.

Because I very much doubt Rand will go to SG without an army?

Zen Rand would never put an army of his between himself and Moridin, and Moridin would never expose himself to such a situation. Guaranteed.

So, what, you are claiming Rand will march off to Shayol Ghul all by himself and demand a duel with Moridin? Plain ridiculuous. And how is Moridin supposed to be at a disadvantage while he has an army around him and Rand is all alone? Make up your mind. Another thing, Zen Rand understands that he cannot do everything by himself and accepts it, read AMoL Ch1 again.

I don't know what will happen at SG. But one thing I know is that both sides will have armies. If you're going to keep saying otherwise, I'm done arguing because you are not making any sense whatsoever.

It is really sad how few are left. The only cool ones are Demandred and... oh wait. none others. Moggy, Moridin, Cyndane, new Graendal... Graendal used to be cool but now she just isnt... I am not really getting my hopes up. RIP Rahvin, Sammael, Ba'lal.... Simerhage.

Rahvin did Morgase. He wins. Even though he died, he is still a winner.

If BS makes Demandred die in some lame way, I will not be pleased.

Popular opinion here seems to be that anyone vs Demandred is up for grabs. Which got me to thinking about another wildcard: Fain/Mordeth (explicitly a wildcard). They both want to kill the same guy. Demandred vs Fain, that's my prediction and I'm sticking with it...for a couple more months. :)

Moggy - She survives like the spider she is, the only one of the Forsaken to do; maybe migrates to Seanchan and sets herself up as a warlord and antagonist to Mat/Tuon in a sequel we will never read. (There is a chance Hessalam will fulfill this role).

Hessalam - She dies. Ugly people have a habit of dying quickly in Hollywood and Randland. It will probably as cannon fodder, nothing climatic.

Cyndane - I'm nominating her as the guinea pig for a shattered cour'souvra.

M'Hael - Almost certainly Logain.

Demandred - Hard to say. His goals are perpendicular to those of the Shadow, but unlike Cyndane, he is not under their direct control. I suspect a showdown of some sort and death by Moridin or myself.

Moridin - Really have no idea. If body swap theory is correct, then death by Alivia. But I also look favorably on the conversion to the Light by philosophical argument theory, so maybe he'll go out with a strike against the DO.

Also:

Slayer - Perrin

Myself - Padan Fain will be my bane.

Also, would like to re-up Morden's post, as he seems to be a comedic genius.

Moghiedin - She'll hide her mindtrap, so she can fight Ny with the OP without the pain, Birgitta will find it and decide to use Moggy as a stool/foot rest/mounting block for the rest of her life.

Cyndane - Will have a nervous breakdown when she realises that LTT has 3 women on the go...

Demandred - His head will explode when someone else kills Rand.

M'Hael - He will figure out a way to remove his own head and shove it up his own... well you get the idea.

Moridin - Realises that he is depressed, takes some prozac and decides to take up sheep herding.

Hessalam - Gets Stilled and imprisoned in a room full of mirrors.

Archived