DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

An apology

Mik

I'd like to apologize to Luckers, Barid, yoniy0, Fish and Sutt.

I made a big mistake by voicing my concerns the way I did.

I valued what *I* thought you guys were doing and informing you guys about it higher then both the rules and your feelings.

I am very sorry that I offended you.

I don't have that right..ever,.. regardless if I feel that my message is important.

I can only hope that you didn't take offence too much.

I know it shouldn't make a difference that I posted what I did with other intentions, but I'm hoping it will matter... some.

Know that I hold what you guys say about WoT in very high regard and that it's that very fact, that I overreacted the way I did.

I acted like a fool and I have toh.

Sorry,

Mik

Nah Mik. Honestly it is all good. You are a valued member of the community and there was some truth to your words even if parts were unfair. You made that post because of how passionate you are regarding the WoT. Whatever we may disagree on it is important to keep that in mind. Although I will continue to call things as I see them you have made me more aware in regards to how certain things can be perceived.

Everyone that is on Dragonmount (or at least most people here) are very passionate about the Wheel of Time series. Many of us have been reading the series for a very long time and it has become a part of our lives. Everyone wants to see the ending done right. Many critisms were made of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books after Lord of Choas and there are good things written about them too. There are many bad and good things written about Brandon's Wheel of Time books.

When everyone is passionate it is going to create sparks. I think it is important to remember we are all here because we love the series. There is also nothing wrong with arguing about it. There have been disagreements over the series for years. Everyone just needs to be respectful of others and there opinions.

I will not lock this thread yet, as I think there have been far too many locks. However, this is not a topic to continue the fight about Brandon Sanderson. It is a thread that Mik has created to say his piece, and for those involved to respond in kind.

Mik, while you should have expressed this via PM, not the WoT discussion board, I will leave it this once, because tension has been growing lately.

As with Suttree, I take no offence at your words, you had every right to express your feelings. It was modded because it should have been posted via PM, as per the CoC. However, I understand the need and accept your apology - although I do not believe you need to apologize for this.

Guys, guys, guys!

I did not apologize in public for this thread to be abused in the same way as I saw happen -and wrongfully participated in- in other threads!

Please guys. Just knock it off okay? We're all here for the same reason.

I did make a mistake, regardless if I had a point or not. I made severe personal attacks to people who didn't deserve it. Period.

Apologizing is the only decent thing to do once you realize you made a mistake in how I said that.

And Barid; I did send both Luckers and Suttree PM's where I explained my position in more detail, but mostly to just apologize.

I feel bad enough as is... Had I even -for a second- thought it would lead to more bickering, I would had left it at the PM's I send.

I thought it the proper thing to do to apologize to certain people in public, because I've behaved like a total arse to those people -regardless of intend & the points I tried to make- in public as well.

This has gone far enough.

Please just let this be a thread where my hand is extended and where the other gets a chance to take it (thanks Sut & Barid)..and leave it at that.

Ok?

me too I don't know what you said, but it takes big heart to admit that you were wrong. Wll done mate

Likewise - I've clearly missed the original argument and have no idea of the rights and wrongs, but I think that someone who is willing to, unprompted, publicly stand up and admit to being wrong and apologise should be congratulated. If more people behaved like this, not just this forum but the world would be a far better place.

me too I don't know what you said, but it takes big heart to admit that you were wrong. Wll done mate

Likewise - I've clearly missed the original argument and have no idea of the rights and wrongs, but I think that someone who is willing to, unprompted, publicly stand up and admit to being wrong and apologise should be congratulated. If more people behaved like this, not just this forum but the world would be a far better place.

well said. I don't know what the apology refers to either but the discussions do get quite heated here and people get carried away sometimes (been guilty of that myself recently with an unfair blanket dig at the dragonmount as a BS bashing ground). It's nice to see when someone owns up to going over the line as Mik did.

Thanks Mik. I appreciate that, and appologise in turn for the harshness of my reply to your post. As others have said, everyones feelings are riding high at the moment, and it is leading to far too much unpleasentness. It's great to see someone reaching out like this.

:-)

(Also sorry for not replying to your PM's, I've been so busy I didn't see them).

Archived