DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The "I just played..." Thread

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

Well. the real full name is..

FTL: Faster Than Light

:tongue:

I did manage to get to the final boss thrice...

The last time? I destroyed him.. 3 times. And (I assume) was on the last bout.. and then out of no where he pulled a hail marry and blew my ass up.  (didn't even see it coming. :sadface:)

• 2 months later...

Oye, forgot to add some stuff to this recently...

Beat Bioshock: Infinite.

Good game, though not worth $60 imo. (mostly cause its under 20 hours of gameplay)

Played a bit of the new Tomb Raider... Haven't beat it quite yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Picked up Assassin's Creed 3 early last week...

Been playing a little bit at a time but not hooked... didn't care for how they didn't do a recap on the games between 2 & 3, and 'expected' you to know wtf happened between them... (no idea who that lady is, from the 'ancient' people that's 'guiding'  him is all about. Though it seems obvious its about that 'adam & eve type scenes you see from the 2nd game.)

• 1 month later...

Knights of Pen and Paper +1

Honestly I'm addicted to it because it reminds me of Pokemon but what it really is is basically a DnD single player RPG.

You pick a "party" of 3 people to start with and there is a game master and there seems to be a loose story line you follow and a world and stuff and it's sort of like your party is playing DnD and you're just kind of there in the background watching them but you still get to make all the decisions about where to go and what to do and customize their gear and whatnot.

The writing is a bit quirky and kind of funny at times. Like the place you start is Default Village and there is a Maya Me Beach (get it?) and some other stuff.

My party is an Alien Mage, a Werewolf Cleric, and a Pizza Guy Warrior.

You get a few different choices about what you can have in your party to start but you can unlock stuff and customize it more later.

The Last Of Us.

Great game.

Gameplay was.. average. Basically uncharted, minus the acrobatics. Shooting on par with it. (far more shooting then I expected)

Story was superb.

However.

HOLY CRAP that game is one depressing downward spiral of despair.  If your depressed. Don't play that game, you'll probably just get worse. But it did have some really good parts, mostly in the idle conversation during gameplay, and between CG.

• 1 month later...

How did I miss this FTL discussion. One of the few games that has inspired me over the past few years to pick it up. It helps that it was cheap on steam of course.

As for beating the final boss and those drone waves? Hope, really. For me the most dangerous weapon he has is the multi-missile launcher. A standard defense drone only takes out one, but the following two usually start some fires causing me pull crew from systems etc etc.

I actually had a play with the Mantis cruiser the other day, and boarding with a Heal Bomb is INTENSELY powerful. Just make sure A) You don't beam onto a ship with no air :dry: and B) Don't let the bastard jump away with your strike force still on board.

Also :dry:

• 4 weeks later...

Civilization

Why is this game so hard? It's from like 900 years ago

Geez

The first one? Never played it. I've played the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. In the third I recall that it actually started getting challenging around the 4th level. I believe there are like 9 levels. The fifth one on the other hand I find relatively easy, though I haven't played on the hardest difficulties.

Edited by Master Ablar

Civilization

Geez

The first one? Never played it. I've played the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. In the third I recall that it actually started getting challenging around the 4th level. I believe there are like 9 levels. The fifth one on the other hand I find relatively easy, though I haven't played on the hardest difficulties.

Yeah the first one. It's kind of fun I guess.

I just thought it would be interesting to play since my computer probably can't even handle Civ 3 let alone 4 or 5 and I wanted to check out the series.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Civilization

Geez

Yeah the first one. It's kind of fun I guess.

I just thought it would be interesting to play since my computer probably can't even handle Civ 3 let alone 4 or 5 and I wanted to check out the series.

Oh dude, I can not agree more with the difficulty! I remember wanting more of a challenge from a RTS, my dad was like "You know, there was this strategy game I played when I was younger.. think the name was civilization, let me find the game for you"

No way it's going to be entertaining, a game from like 15 A.D, tried it, lost after 30 minutes everytime for like 50 sessions in a row. Good game.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing the Yakuza series for the past month and i can't believe how underrated it is.

It's a niche product, very japanese and very text based. There are no dubs in english, only subtitles. And the environment and story is very unique. 

It's also a series of games where you can sink SO much time into. 

It's a shame they haven't been selling well because SEGA announced that they wouldn't bring the 5th installment to the west due to poor sales.

But i do recommend it. It's very fun. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...