DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why Do I Keep Doing This To Myself (A paranoid guy who seems to hate most things reading WOT REALLY slowly)

EmperorAllspice

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um, No. I don't consider anything you've told me to be spoilers. A spoiler for me is something like knowing when and what main characters die.

I've watched things where not knowing something ahead of time pissed me off so much that I couldn't watch beyond a certain point.

I know that Egwene will be beaten some point. I don't know how, or in what context. I just know I have something to look forward to. I would've quit this series on book 1 had I not known certain spoilers

Egwene will be beaten most.

Also, I also needed some spoilers. At first, I had stopped reading, but I happened reading some parts of the glossary of The Dragon Reborn, and when I found out Siuan was Amyrlin (I had only read the prolouge and like 3 pages of The Eye of the World), I wanted to know when she had become that, so I started reading again... And some point later, I happened reading a bit at Wikipedia, and when I read something about end book 12, I really really really couldn't believe that was true, so I started reading more. And by the time I was there, I had fallen in love with the series.

M'Hael, err... I mean, Taim.

Also, Rand indeed gets really strong.

But don't forget one thing. There are two godlike beings, the Creator and the Dark One. The Dark One actively fights for the evil side. The Creator, however, does not actively fight for the good side. Rand has to be really strong.

And he CAN be exhausted. It takes like 100k Trollocs (maybe more, I don't know exactly), but after he kills them, he's exhausted.

Nope, they can't overpower him anymore. I don't know if you have noticed but the Rand inTowers of Midnight is way stronger than he was before. I highly doubt that Moridin can kill 100.000+ trollocs without the use of any angreal. The only advantage Moridin has over Rand is the True Power.

Hasn't it been said that Moridin is Equal to Lews?

And okay, if Rand is that powerful, THEN HOW IN THE NAME OF ALL THINGS CINAMON SWIRLS DO YOU CREATE TENSION!!? Who wants to read a story where the hero can casually wade through armies without coming up against a worthy opponent. I thought the Nae' Blis was meant to be the Dragon's equal?

Again, Rand can't stop True Power. I think Moridin can ask for more power from the Dark One if the need is high, I mean he is the Dark One's true champion (only speculation btw.). Don't forget Fain, he also becomes really strong by the end of ToM. This might be a slight spoiler, but Rand said in ToM that he wasn't meant to be a weapon, that the fight lies with the others. Nobody is sure what he means by this yet, so it really isn't important how strong he has become imo.

I don't like it when heroes are intrinsically better than their opposition. I like them to earn what advantages they DO have through years of hard work. It's why I love Gareth Bryne so much. and why Ta'veren gets on my nerves as a concept.

Oh, you constantly tell me that the Forsaken are more powerful, but you need more than power. and they don't show it off much either or this series would've NEVER made it past book 1. I expected the Forsaken to be, y'know, INTELLIGENT. Not just getting by via cheating methods like Compulsion. :(

Archived