DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why Do I Keep Doing This To Myself (A paranoid guy who seems to hate most things reading WOT REALLY slowly)

EmperorAllspice

Still on the prologue... wow this thing is long.

I'm sad that Pedan is wrong about literally everything. He seems like a really cool guy

Longest prolouge (book 10 or 11) is 100 pages...

Who was Pedan again?

Honest question: How do you kill someone who's T'averen? How could a villain come up with a plan to best someone that reality is trying to keep alive?

How? I don't know. Noone does. Except maybe Robert Jordan (well, he DID) and everyone else involved in the writing.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might end up liking mat (and hating nyaneve)

And you'll either end up loving Egwene, or hating her. There seems to not be an in between at Dragonmount. I'm a bit on the loving Egwene side, but that's also a bit influenced by all the Egwene hate.

The paranoid thing comes from other interests I have. I'm alwaysworried that characters in shows I love are gonna get shafted or that I'm not going to like something and such.

And also, I don't care what a person is doing at large, you still need to be able to bare them as an individual. Egwene is arrogant and manipulative. and so far, I don't think she's ever been treated as being in the wrong

I must say that I can't recall many moments where she actually WAS wrong. It's some time ago though I read Wheel of Time outside the already released parts of A Memory of Light and some parts of Towers of Midnight.

and to many people (myself included) that's not a good thing. Characters (especially if they're meant to be manipulative) are meant to be fallable. To have exploitable flaws.

Well, she makes some mistakes later on. But she's also good in taking her advancement when making mistakes. For example, in the end of, I think Crossroads of Twilight, she makes like the biggest mistake she could have made (excluding mistakes that would make Aes Sedai die), but she manages to take advancement of it, and with that speeds up the reunification of the Tower a lot. Won't tell you what the mistake is, as that's a really big spoiler.

Archived