DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why Do I Keep Doing This To Myself (A paranoid guy who seems to hate most things reading WOT REALLY slowly)

EmperorAllspice

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dr-evil.jpg

Dr. Evil: Scott, I want you to meet daddy's nemesis, Austin Powers

Scott Evil: What? Are you feeding him? Why don't you just kill him?

Dr. Evil: I have an even better idea. I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death.

Dr. Evil: All right guard, begin the unnecessarily slow-moving dipping mechanism.

[guard starts dipping mechanism]

Dr. Evil: Close the tank!

Scott Evil: Wait, aren't you even going to watch them? They could get away!

Dr. Evil: No no no, I'm going to leave them alone and not actually witness them dying, I'm just gonna assume it all went to plan. What?

Scott Evil: I have a gun, in my room, you give me five seconds, I'll get it, I'll come back down here, BOOM, I'll blow their brains out!

Dr. Evil: Scott, you just don't get it, do ya? You don't.

"RAHVIN DIED BECAUSE OF HIS PRIDE!!"

Ummmm... excuse moi, Dark One? Rahvin saw that Lanfear was probably tricking him, set up countermeasures to prevent an ambush... and they worked. He also didn't once stop to brag about how awesome he was. He fought with skill and cunning and came just as close as Lanfear did to killing the Dragon Reborn outright. The Pattern screwed him over. Even horibly burned he stood firm against his enemy. HOW DO YOU SAY THAT HE DIED BECAUSE OF HIS PRIDE?!

Unless you expect him to run from any fight he doesn't have a 100% chance of winning. In which case your hopes are probably a mite too high there, Shai'tan!

I wouldn't say that the Wheel can keep someone alive against all odds. In my point of view being Taveren only increases (or decreases) the chances of something happening. In other words, even Taveren can die and this has happened before in the alternate realities.

Archived