DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why Do I Keep Doing This To Myself (A paranoid guy who seems to hate most things reading WOT REALLY slowly)

EmperorAllspice

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(reads the chapter where Nynaeve spies on Mog spying on Lanfear and the others) Really... THIS is the extent of the Forsaken's scheming abilities? Lure Rand to one of them, where he'll be on guard and surrounded by men, and then surprise attack him with 3 channelers linked together?

Rather than... I don't know, linking the 4 of them together, and rushing in through a gateway while he's asleep and off guard and taking him that way?

I'm right before the big battle with the Shaido.

... I really do not get Mat's appeal. It'd be one (though still very small) thing if he supposedly gets better later on, but this is after the point where people supposedly started loving him. (though I still heavily contest that fact) He's just a selfish whiner. That's all I see when I read him. He does not have a single positive relationship with anyone and his chapters don't work very well in making him likeable at all.

It's probably just me, but I find it baffling

and finished Book 5.

... best ending so far. Out of the first 5 books at least. The best by a coniderable margain. Rahvin was awesome... he should've lasted longer. The Pattern screwed him over. :(

I really didn't like Mogheiden's fate though. A shame since I really liked her too.

Started book 6. I already love Demandred, I'm not even sure why, he hasn't done much of anything

They all hate each other.

As someone, I won't say who, but someone says at some point "It's easy to see what the Forsaken want. They just want the Dark One to honor them and for that, they are fighting each other all the time [note: at the moment they aren't because Ishamael/Moridin forbids them, and they are, as of yet, afraid to try to get Nae'blis in his place], but the Dark One himself, well, it's not sure what he wants." Notice this is said by someone who did a STUDY on him and the Forsaken for 40 years, if I remember correctly.

Archived