DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why Do I Keep Doing This To Myself (A paranoid guy who seems to hate most things reading WOT REALLY slowly)

EmperorAllspice

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see, more Jih'Toh bullhickey. Is there a guide to it somewhere? I WANT to like the Aiel, but whenever they bring up that flaming honour system, I end up hating them all over again. Especially the condescending way in which they refuse to tell people what they're doing wrong yet expect them to follow it perfectly anyway.

I don't really find the word obligation fitting. Obligation implies that the Aiel are forcing people to act in a certain way, while dishonor implies that the person in question needs to realize his mistakes for himself and learn from them. However that's just my take on it.

On a side note:

The new Google Image search has removed the Exact option where you can search images of exact sizes. Does anyone know if this is fixable?

from the WoT Wiki

Ji'e'toh is the complex system of honor that the Aiel follow. Ji'e'toh determines all interactions in Aiel life; fighting, housing, even intimate relationships and marriage. The term is from the Old Tongue and means, literally, honor and obligation.

but nothing the aiel do is literal (look at their humor), i still think Toh means debt(in shame like the japanese have)

And Egwene is being made the Amyrlin.

Sigh, at least I found her slightly likeable these last few chapters. Small favours, I guess.

Hmmm, proving you're a woman means flashing your chest at the hall... I wonder if the male version of the Hall would do something similar. XD

Sorry, that part of the ritual made me laugh. I have no idea WHAT RJ is... but there must be something to describe his attitude towards women in this series.

Archived