DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why Do I Keep Doing This To Myself (A paranoid guy who seems to hate most things reading WOT REALLY slowly)

EmperorAllspice

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Rand can casually shield two experienced Aes Sedai linked together. ... (grinds teeth)

Just what I needed to read after a stressful day

Of course he can. Even the strongest Aes Sedai are weak compared to the strength of Age of Legends channelers like Rand. Every Forsaken could have done the same.

And Rand can casually shield two experienced Aes Sedai linked together. ... (grinds teeth)

Just what I needed to read after a stressful day

Of course he can. Even the strongest Aes Sedai are weak compared to the strength of Age of Legends channelers like Rand. Every Forsaken could have done the same.

Sigh. I know. I'm not stupid. I know WHY something happens most of the time... doesn't mean I have to like it

Sigh, My frined says that a battle is coming up soon

... I hope I like it :(

heh, not like you people ever seem to do anything but disuade me. I wonder, do you do stuff like that on purpose? I'm very fragile.

I'm too invested in this series to quit, no matter how much I'm not enjoying it. So I'd appreciate it if someone besides my friend could at least try to help me be optimistic.

... Sorry, I'm just really miserable right now.

You're on LOC still, right?

From what you describe as things you like, I think you will be pretty satisfied with some of the upcoming developments. Bad things do happen to Rand in this book, and while obviously the bad guys don't triumph, there are long-lasting effects from what happens here.

Everyone here really likes the series, but we are also big critics :P

I do want you to enjoy the books, but if you can't seem to enjoy the moments we do in the books then it doesn't really work out :rolleyes: Glad you keep reading though, there will be epic moments that you will enjoy and they will come sooner than you think :wink:

Actually, I think one of my coping mechanisms is remembering that the Forsaken are only tools of the Dark One, and most of the things they do are according to his plans. Including the way some of them bite the dust. The Dark One actually seems pretty clever (I dearly HOPE that he's clever)

The thing people don't seem to get is, I don't want the bad guys to WIN all the time. I want them to be a genuine threat and a sizable challenge. That includes gaining some victories every now and then but most of the time it's just making sure that the antagonists are decent obstacles for the hero

Dude I think the biggest problem is that you are surrounded by spoilers (here on Dm or IRL), so that sorta spoils it. I joined DM after my first read(and a half) and I still got a lot of new facts and stuff, and you are a bit weird cuz you don't like mat :shrug: :tongue:

But consider. The surprises you speak of, I wouldn't like most of them. I don't like heroes being awesome. I TOLERATE it. And what reason do I have to continue reading if not to get to something I might like.

I'm paranoid and scared that I'm not going to like anything. And whenever I do mention something that I like (like Mogheiden getting inside Nynaeve's head) you seem to snuff it out.

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler but I think the DO is the way he is cuz he has ages to try (like a video game you lose you start again), he only needs to win once to win forever where as the light has to win always .....

Archived