DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why Do I Keep Doing This To Myself (A paranoid guy who seems to hate most things reading WOT REALLY slowly)

EmperorAllspice

One of the things that troubles many is how pathetic the Shadow in general and the Forsaken specifically have been. The best of them in my opinion as far as having plans and executing them was Semi.

And she got betrayed by the Great Lord thru him giving Rand access to the True Power when she had him in the domination band(male a'dam)

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend reccomended me WOT PURELY because I was trying to find a series with good villains and he thought it fit the bill. The crux of his pitch to me was going on about how powerful and smart the Forsaken are. :(

So they don't do ANYTHING competently? Not even in this book? The book that everyone seems to be sure I'll like?

Has Rahvin already been kiiled? that was Fires of Heaven right? Let's see Lord of Chaos. There is a lot that happens in that book. Not really driven by forsaken, more by another group of the shadow. It is probably one of the few things that a villain does that actually works. And it does take a concerted effort from many to acheive a costly victory.

I think that the victory was worked for and therefore deserved. It is one of the books I really like because it is the first appearance of the Asha'Man in battle. Iwill let you see how that works out.

I actually loved Rahvin. He actually seemed relatively competent at what he does and prepared for LAnfear's inevitable betrayal rather well, allowing him to realize that Rand was trying to sneak up on him. and the fight against him was the best fight in the series so far because he was actually rather skilled and used cunning tactics to almost beat Rand because he couldn't match him in raw power.

I really liked it

Yes. the battle with Rahvin was pretty good. As was his idea to just compell the Queen and take over the strongest nation in RandLand. Of the early Forsaken He was probably the most successful.

The setup for the last book seems to be showing that both sides are finally getting their acts together. So maybe we will get some actual smart actions from the Shadow and the Forsaken in particular.

Be'lal in book 3 showed promise, and his swordfight against Rand was pretty sweet. If only because Rand got the the crap kicked out of him (that always makes me smile) but his actions really felt at odds with his actual personality in the end. He had a good plan in concept. He just had to ruin it by insisting that Rand grab Callandor. Rather than shielding him with the Black Ajah THEN forcing him to grab it.

I'm thinking I might like the Andor Ascention plot. I love Daes Dae'mar. So seeing a story all ABOUT that my pique my interest.

if you are going to finish the series, by the end of ToM i assure you, you will hate anything to do with andor

I'm thinking I might like the Andor Ascention plot. I love Daes Dae'mar. So seeing a story all ABOUT that my pique my interest.

if you are going to finish the series, by the end of ToM i assure you, you will hate anything to do with andor

I second this. Illian FTW!

Semi's plots were pathetic. Just pathetic.

I love the mystery surrounding demendred. It builds up his air. If he doesnt do great things in amol i will burn my books.

And i have a soft spot for gamblers as i am one myself. Mat is by far my most favorite. And he did pay a price for the memories. He has to live with them and he did die. When he went against all odds into the stone to rescue two jumped up girls who barely recognised his existance because it was the right thing to do proves his character. He is the type of person everyone needs on their side

Archived