DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why Do I Keep Doing This To Myself (A paranoid guy who seems to hate most things reading WOT REALLY slowly)

EmperorAllspice

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, Why did Mesaana, the one co-ordinating the elusive, careful and highly dangerous Black Ajah, the one who orchestrated the tower schism, why would SHE not bother to look into claims that the Amyrlin Seat might suspect one of her top agents (who not only knows many of the Black Ajah within the tower but was also described by Mesaana as being highly useful) of being a Darkfriend? And why would the Dark One have the sense to have Alviarin look into it when she doesn't? Mesaana's antics up until now have pretty much proven to me that she isn't stupid. So why?

And also, did the Dark One really care about the Black Ajah being outed? Or was his order and branding of Alviarin just a means of punishing Mesaana? (specifically countering her wishes just to show that he's in control so she'll know her place. That kind of thing)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Beat her in a verbal duel. HAve a conversation with her that doesn't end in the opposing party either looking dumb or being impressed by how utterly amazing Egwene is at everything. Let her suffer SOME kind of defeat that has a great effect on her. Not something she gets over instantly.

It's going to get much worse.

Also, if you thought that RJ was pulling the "let's make one party dumb so that the other looks good" routine, you'll have some real troubles digging your way though the BS-written books of the series.

Beat her in a verbal duel. HAve a conversation with her that doesn't end in the opposing party either looking dumb or being impressed by how utterly amazing Egwene is at everything. Let her suffer SOME kind of defeat that has a great effect on her. Not something she gets over instantly.

It's going to get much worse.

Also, if you thought that RJ was pulling the "let's make one party dumb so that the other looks good" routine, you'll have some real troubles digging your way though the BS-written books of the series.

People keep saying this as if it somehow ISN'T an issue with RJ's storytelling. As if it wasn't an issue until BS and that I' just makign crap up.

It probably will be worse with BS but I refuse to believe that I'm just imaigining the disgusting way in which RJ treats the abilities of his characters.

You're just really grumpy lol.

But as I said already, maybe you should wait for my book. I promise you everyone always truly attempts to do what they think is best for them. No weak reasons to make the story go well, because I write the story line (which I detail after in the books themselves) taking logical choices for all the characters. No need for ta'veren to explain things in my book.

And on top of that I don't really save my characters. There are some I know I will survive, but that only means they are alive, not that they still have all their body parts. And the vast majority of who you meet might just die somewhere.

I'm not the writer... Maybe it can happen by suicide? Walking right up to him and balefiring him and everything around him back to the Age of Legends?

but the pattern would know you're about to Balefire him. It would predict it and contrive either a reason for you to miss or have him be around something that could disrupt the weave.

Still, if you would do something of the magnitude of what Rand did to Graendal's palace, I highly doubt even a ta'veren would survive that. The only reason Graendal did was because Rand first made sure she was there. If I were a Forsaken, I wouldn't do that.

Archived