DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Day in the Yards

Lenlo

The sun had barely risen when the morning bell rang and all of the trainees started to wake up and get out of bed. Oren sat on his bed, ready and dressed, thinking about his arrival the night before. They had gotten to Tar Valon as the sun was going down. After talking to some guards they were lead to the White Tower where his sister was taken inside and Oren was lead to the Trainee barracks.

His thoughts were interrupted though when one of the trainees come over to Oren and said "Cmon new guy, its time for the morning spar and then breakfast."

Oren let loose a sigh of relief. Sparing! Finally something he knew how to do. He eagerly followed the other trainees out of the barracks and across the yard to the sparring yard. His excitement showed on his face as they all lined up and waited to be matched into pairs to spar.

Re'ara stood in the yard, waiting for all the other trainees to appear. As she waited, she thought of her travels over the last 3 years. "I've seen so much, and now here I am, training become a Warder. What a strange-- oh, here come the rest."

One in particular stood out to her, a tall muscular boy with his black hair in a topknot. "I'll be damned." she thought. "A trainee from Shienar. Another Borderlander. Might be fun to spar with him...a bit of....friendly...Borderlander competition..."