DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Memory of Light audiobook

csarmi

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay subscribed. so I get 1 free credit now and I'll get 2 more before Jan 8th, I suppose. I think it's a safe bet that it won't cost 3 stars.

So I have to buy something for 1 star to test this thing. Any ideas? (no, none of the earlier audiobook qualify)

Well, I recommend to listen to one of the other WOT books. That way you can get used to the 2 narrators and their voices and pronunciations. I think you will enjoy AMOL better if the storytelling is familiar. Once you get used to them you can tell which character they are from just a few words.

Memory of Light is now available for preorder on Audible - http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_2?asin=B009OJXEOW&qid=1352545988&sr=1-2

I don't see anywhere how many credits does it cost, maybe because I am not a subscriber of the site yet. Is the cheapest option if I just want this audiobook and no other for the foreseeable future to register on December 8th and cancel on January 8th?

Is the cheapest option if I just want this audiobook and no other for the foreseeable future to register on December 8th and cancel on January 8th?

No. The cheapest way, now verified by what's on that page, is to register January 8th from the title's page (i.e., by clicking on the first button), then immediately opting for no automatic renewals on February (you might have to manually cancel your subscription sometime before Feb 8th, I'm not sure). You will have AMoL for 7.49USD.

cool, i bought it :)

It has cost me 1 credit only. I used option A, the three monthsof 7.5$ subscription.

A Memory of Light

By: Robert Jordan , Brandon Sanderson

Narrated by: Michael Kramer , Kate Reading

This title is scheduled to release on January 08, 2013 and will be delivered to your library on that date

Or you can join now and pay an additional 7.50 but you will have another credit to use for another book. If you haven't listened to any of the WOT audiobooks, they can take getting used to. I think the narrators (Michael Kramer and Kate Reading) are great, but they may not pronounce names like you are used to and that will mess you up. If AMOL is the first WOT book listening to, you may not enjoy it because of the narration. I recommend joining now and listening to an earlier WOT book (pick your favorite!). That way you will be comfortable with the narration by the time you get AMOL. Or, if you absolutely hate the audiobook you listen to, you can cancel after that one and look for other options.

No, I am in no way affiliated with audible.com or the narrators :)

Hi, I have followed your advice... I have never listened to an audiobook in my life, so in "preparation" of listening to AMOL, I bought The Shadow Rising to see how it is.

• 1 month later...

I noticed that on the amazon.com page for the audible version of AMOL (http://www.amazon.com/Memory-Light-Wheel-Time-Book/dp/B00A2ZHF3I/ref=tmm_aud_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1357175795&sr=8-1) it says I can get it for free with the special trial offer for Audible.

"Your Amazon-exclusive Audible.com 30-day free trial membership includes:

- This audiobook free, plus a bonus audiobook of your choice"

Do you think it's true and is there some catch (apart from them hoping I am lazy and forget to cancel the subscription in time)?

There's no catch. When you subscribe you get a credit every month, and the first month is a free trial, so you get a credit for free. You then use that credit to buy AMOL. I did this just a couple of days ago. I didn't pay anything and the audiobook is on my pre-orders list, to become available on Jan. 8th. You just have to remember to unsubscribe on time.

edit: I don't know about the bonus extra audiobook though.

Thanks, Rose.

I don't need an extra audiobook anyway, this is the only one I am likely to listen to in the foreseeable future, since the circumstances are unique - no ebook, and I have to get it ASAP and can't wait for the week or more it would take for the hardcover to be delivered to me.

For me too but I got a weird response from them:

Hello,

I've got an audiobook that I preordered. It should be available on the 8th January.

What does that mean exactly? How many hours from now?

(title is "A Memory of Light"

Thanks in advance and regards,

Máté

Dear Máté,

Thank you for contacting Audible Customer Support! I hope you are having a great day! First, let me introduce myself, my name is XXXXXX and I am pleased to be your Customer Service Representative today.

I understand you are inquiring about the status of your order "A Memory of Light". I would be glad to examine the issue for you.

In reviewing your account, there appears to be a delay in the delivery of your title. The purchase was completed; however, it is taking longer than normal for the book to be released. We do apologize for this delay, and you can expect the book to appear in your "My Library" within a 48 hours.

If you would like to receive a refund for your purchase, I will certainly issue this refund due to the delay. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please let me know!

Should you require further assistance, please reply to this email, or contact us at:

D-DDD-DDD-DDDD USA & Canada

D-DDD-DDD-DDDD International

I hope this email provides some helpful information, but please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help.

Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you, we'll be glad to help you. Also, feel free to respond to the survey that's under my name to let us know of any feedback you may have regarding the service provided in this instance.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely,

XXXXXX X

I do hope it's just that they didn't read my mail carefully...

Ah, Amazon customer care. Never gets old.

True story: I was an Audible member before, but I quitted shortly after ToM came out. Now, they've been sending me promotions this last year, so I contacted them to ask whether that really applies to me as well. The representative told me sure, he could do that manually if I wanted. So, I asked what he meant, what were the terms of the promotion. His next reply was telling me that he enrolled me in the 7.5$/month times 3 first months program, and my credit card was billed for the first month (which was actually what I wanted; I just don't think I had a chance to ask for it :smile:).

They sent me another message on my inquiry and told me that it was just a misunderstanding, the book comes out on schedule.

But I read it twice and they do not claim that the title will be put in my library at that time.

Ah, Amazon customer care. Never gets old.

True story: I was an Audible member before, but I quitted shortly after ToM came out. Now, they've been sending me promotions this last year, so I contacted them to ask whether that really applies to me as well. The representative told me sure, he could do that manually if I wanted. So, I asked what he meant, what were the terms of the promotion. His next reply was telling me that he enrolled me in the 7.5$/month times 3 first months program, and my credit card was billed for the first month (which was actually what I wanted; I just don't think I had a chance to ask for it :smile:).

In my bank, I had ordered a bank card.

It never arrived (later it turned out that they have sent to an earlier address). So I went in and asked them what was going on. They said they didn't know, but they can send me a new one. I said "wtf, you know what, I don't need that card anymore".

The girl sitting at the desk interpreted it this way: I don't want the card reposted, but I do want to keep paying for it...

It became evident when they charged me for card usage (had to pay every year) later. Also by the time I figured out what was going on, a new year started so they charged me twice.

Archived