DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

listening to music while reading the books

Str8golden

Does anyone else love listening to certain music while reading the books? I love the accompaniment (sp?) and always wonder how many other people read WoT to their favorite tunes. Partly because I love the way the combination works on my mood and enjoyment of certain chapters (and affects the way I remember scenes), my media company started having composers create music inspired by some of my favorite literature. I'd like share a sample of one of those pieces with you guys.

If, like me, any of you listen to music while you read, or just like good instrumental music period, you might really enjoy this. This particular piece was inspired by, and composed to accompany the reading of, the Towers of Midnight prologue. As requested in another forum, I put it on soundcloud, rather than embedding the mp3 for download here (but downloading the entire thing from soundcloud is allowed, if desired).

If you’re kind enough to give it a try, please click on the accompanying link which is to a pretty fun and very short surveymonkey survey about your thoughts on the piece, specifically, and listening to music while reading in general. Thanks and enjoy!

http://soundcloud.com/ymediachief/inspired-by-towers-of-midnight (link to ToM Prologue score on soundcloud)

I'm currently reading Knife of Dreams, and have been getting really nostalgic, since it's the last book Robert Jordan completed. The song Let It Be has been stuck in my head, but with different lyrics:

When I find myself in Tarmon Gai'don, Robert Jordan comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, Knife of Dreams

And in the War of Darkness he is standing right in front of me

Speaking words of wisdom, Knife of Dreams

Knife of Dreams, Knife of Dreams, Knife of Dreams, Knife of Dreams

Shine until tomorrow, Knife of Dreams

And when the broken Aiel people this side of the Spine agree

Rand al'Thor's the Dragon, Knife of Dreams

Though they are disheartened, there is still a chance that they will see

Rand al'Thor's the Dragon, Knife of Dreams

Archived