DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Need advise on re-read please

Umpa

Hello there,

I am current in the series, however, all the names and places, dates, plotlines, etc. are a lot to keep up with. While I am very excited to read the last book in January, I am a bit worried that I would have forgotten a lot of information.

Just to kill time at work i have been listening to the audiobooks but havent had a chance to actually start an official re-read. Is there a good starting spot without missing certain key plotlines and influential characters?

Thx for any advise:)

start with the big white book if you can. then it is up to you if you start with ravens (the pre-prologue for the eye of the world) or start with new spring. i think on a re-read the series works great starting from new spring, but if your eotw doesn't have ravens you might want to find a copy that does, it is only a little interesting, but it does give a little insight to some of the main characters pasts. but a nice read through of the big white book can be fun and useful for understanding, but keep in mind that it wasn't intended to be entirely accurate, it came out mid series.

EDIT: to find ravens the easiest, get a copy of "from the two rivers" the first part of the split version of the eye of the world.

Archived