DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Iron Man 3

Troilen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm really worried about how competent the Mandarin is gonna be. I've been waiting for him since Iron Man 1

My fears mostly stem from the implication that the Iron Man suit itself is coming alive and will be an obstacle. I'm afraid that this will keep Tony from dealing with the Mandarin earlier. Meaning that the Mandarin will last so long in the movie because of luck on his part.

According to what I have read and to what I have seen in the trailers, the Mandarin will be shown to have a powerful terrorist army under his control. Also, the trailers show it is the Mandarin or his henchmen that blow up Tony Stark's mansion, nearly killing both Tony and Pepper.

According to what I have read and to what I have seen in the trailers, the Mandarin will be shown to have a powerful terrorist army under his control. Also, the trailers show it is the Mandarin or his henchmen that blow up Tony Stark's mansion, nearly killing both Tony and Pepper.

I really don't know how he managed to blow up tony's mansion

Shouldn't one of the Avengers have some kind of defences around his house? Or shouldn't JARVIS have noticed the helicopters armed with missiles?

• Community Administrator

Maybe JARVIS is in on it.

Iron Man was bored, So she set up a new villain for him to play with...

JARVIS being the real master-villain in the Iron Man Universe. :wink:

(I'm going to laugh my ass off, if this happens, or is actually true, as I just made this up on the spot. :tongue:)

and I went to see Iron Man 3 (it comes out a week early in the UK)W

Without giving away spoilers... I walked out. And after 2 crap films, unless 4 looks REALLY good, I now dust my hands of the Iron Man film franchise.

Celebrations are in order, I don't think I've ever walked out of a theater before

*lofts a brow*

You thought Iron Man 1 AND 2 were crappy films?

Probably wasn't Oscar worthy enough. Nor was it one of those artsy black & white films with people speaking French, and nudity for no reason. :tongue:

I enjoyed both Iron Man movies, and the villain in the second movie was taken from the comic books, and updated with better technology and Whiplash was scientifically smarter in the movie than he is in the comics.

I don't read the comics. All I can judge is what I'm seeing on screen. And Whiplash was lame. and the only reason he was a danger to Tony was because he just so happened to fight him in a place where Tony couldn't fly around.

I'm not a fan of luck. (yes, the man who hates luck is reading WOT, I know -_-)

I don't read the comics. All I can judge is what I'm seeing on screen. And Whiplash was lame. and the only reason he was a danger to Tony was because he just so happened to fight him in a place where Tony couldn't fly around.

I'm not a fan of luck. (yes, the man who hates luck is reading WOT, I know -_-)

I recall Whiplash building and controlling a small army of Iron Man type robots. There were so many of them, that Tony Stark needed Rhodey's help to defeat them.

Without giving away spoilers... I walked out. And after 2 crap films, unless 4 looks REALLY good, I now dust my hands of the Iron Man film franchise.

Celebrations are in order, I don't think I've ever walked out of a theater before

How far into it did you walk out on it?

Note, I just saw it, And I really can't see how this was walk out worthy.

It was entertaining. It was visually exciting. And all around average. Stand-alone, it would be a potentially great movie. But as part of the series? Some of the old tripes start to get abit stale. (like how iron man is constantly flopping and bouncing around on things. for comedic relief, obviously)

Mild spoiler below, very generalized.

If anything, its a good end to the iron man trilogy.

It ends it, without a giant cliff hanger of 'WTF now??' (like say, X-Men 3.)

Mega spoiler

And  really, I don't see how you can honestly say they didn't make Mandarin a serious villain! That's just.. Ludicrous! He's quite literally, the only villain that actually came close to killing Stark! And, I'm not sure how long you stuck around for.. but the Mandarin we see on the trailers, WASN'T the mandarin! BAdoom Twist that everyone saw coming! :tongue:

Anyways. Personally, I'd have to rate the first one the best (IMO) if only because it started out realistic, somewhat gritty (with the Iraq montage bomb, shakey camera and all) it fit for a guy who transformed from a playboy arms dealer, into a Hero. It worked really well. he did his bouncy routine, dealt with a Corporate back stabbing, It was an all around solid performer.

But, I'd put the Second and Third around equal footing. They each have their pros and cons, but by the second film, the

stale stuff, started to really get into the over-used category

and that just continued even more from avengers, straight into the third.

The whole PTSD thing, could have been more effective, but.. That's not a role Downy's good at playing. He's good at playing the self confident, snarky playboy smart  cocky bastard Jack ass. That's what he does. But a serious condition, like that? I don't think he pulled it off, nor do I think he was capable of pulling it off, and knew it.

How far into it did you walk out on it?

Note, I just saw it, And I really can't see how this was walk out worthy.

It was entertaining. It was visually exciting. And all around average. Stand-alone, it would be a potentially great movie. But as part of the series? Some of the old tripes start to get abit stale. (like how iron man is constantly flopping and bouncing around on things. for comedic relief, obviously)

Mild spoiler below, very generalized.

If anything, its a good end to the iron man trilogy.

It ends it, without a giant cliff hanger of 'WTF now??' (like say, X-Men 3.)

Mega spoiler

And  really, I don't see how you can honestly say they didn't make Mandarin a serious villain! That's just.. Ludicrous! He's quite literally, the only villain that actually came close to killing Stark! And, I'm not sure how long you stuck around for.. but the Mandarin we see on the trailers, WASN'T the mandarin! BAdoom Twist that everyone saw coming! :tongue:

Anyways. Personally, I'd have to rate the first one the best (IMO) if only because it started out realistic, somewhat gritty (with the Iraq montage bomb, shakey camera and all) it fit for a guy who transformed from a playboy arms dealer, into a Hero. It worked really well. he did his bouncy routine, dealt with a Corporate back stabbing, It was an all around solid performer.

But, I'd put the Second and Third around equal footing. They each have their pros and cons, but by the second film, the

stale stuff, started to really get into the over-used category

and that just continued even more from avengers, straight into the third.

The whole PTSD thing, could have been more effective, but.. That's not a role Downy's good at playing. He's good at playing the self confident, snarky playboy smart  cocky bastard Jack ass. That's what he does. But a serious condition, like that? I don't think he pulled it off, nor do I think he was capable of pulling it off, and knew it.

I walked out after the twist with the mandarin. Killian was a boring BORING villain to me. He didn't hold a candle to the MAndarin SEEN in the Mandarin videos. He wasn't charismatic. He wasn't threatening. He wasn't ANYTHING. (again, just me personally) and after that reveal I just stopped caring in any way.

and the only reason Iron Man was ever in any danger was because he brought it on himself which is a technique I can't STAND. I don't like Tony Stark as a character. Never have. So I only ever go into the iron man movies hoping that the villain will give a good showing.

His house was only blown up because he decided to be a moron and say his home address ON AIR. and then during the attack the only reason he couldn't fight off the helicopters was because his suit had an unfortunately timed malfunction. Nothing to do with the Mandarin's planning. Nothing to do with the weaponry he used. It was just very bad luck on Tony's part. And that event knocked out Jarvis. and if Jarvis hadn't been knocked out then tony would've discovered the location of the Mandarin's broadcast ages ago and Iron Patriot wouldn't have been captured.

All the villain's victories are because of good fortune on their part. Not because of their skills. Which I DESPISE. I don't care if it's realistic. It's not what I'm interested in watching. EVER. A villain should be dangerous REGARDLESS of luck.

I really only enjoyed the first iron man.  The second one was okay.  The other avengers were better.

For me, Marvel's The Avengers is the very best movie that Marvel has ever done.

I disagree personally. Loki was humiliated far too much in that movie's final fight for me to love the movie

Archived