DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Last Battle will be in Tel'aran'rhiod... read why.

TheoryMan

In book 4, Hopper tells Perrin that he will run with him in the last battle soon. I was thinking about that... Wow I guess the last battle will be in Tel'aran'rhiod... Then it hit me what that means. If they seal the dark one's prison there... then it would be sealed in ALL other worlds because Tel'aran'rhiod connects to all of them. Although the problem presented itself of stuff done there does not really change anything in the real world. Well, I figure that if you are there in the flesh it very well might stick in the real world. Anyway, just had to share that to see what other people think about it.

IMHO you're half right. I believe that the Last Battle will be a combination of both. I mean let's face it. Jordan's been writing for a quarter of a human life span, give or take. People have been reading for about the same time. The Last Battle absolutely MUST be bigger than big. It's gotta be obscenely ridiculously OVER-THE-TOP can't swing a friggin' cat without smacking 1000 trollocs plus a couple o' hundred Myrddral to boot. So yeah it's got to be physical, yet there's definately going to be a dream world component. Probably Perrin, wise one's, cydane, moghedian among many others. Well that rant went longer than I expected... uhh sorry if I came off as sorta crazy/harsh... cause I kinda am.

Well I imagine Rand will lead the Aiel at some point during ole' Tarmon, along with his chosen channeling 'companions'...both because that makes sense, and Rand does have to shatter the Aiel's numbers. It would make sense for some of the war to take place in TAR, as well.

I don't think any key-fighting will be in the unseen world.

Also depends on wat you mean by "key-fighting" anyways.

Rand's fight will be keyly definitely and I have already said that it will not be in TAR, (because even Rahvin beats him there).

Anyone else interested to see Faile in TAR with Perrin?

Say, she finds a Ter'angreal which requires no channeling and accompanies Perrin into TAR behind his back (he's obv told her off for doing it) and she saves him while he tries (and almost fails to save hopper)) Anyone else like the idea of that?

Perrin ftw.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, maybe it's just me, but I personally like the whole Faile/Perrin matchup. :?: Anyways lol, something TheoryMan said reminded me of something. When Rand and party discover the Portal Stones, doesn't Moiraine or Verin mention that there is only one Creator in all the worlds and one DO in all the worlds? So wouldn't that mean that Rand could seal the Dark One or defeat him in the real world, and he would still be sealed away/defeated? I can't remember the exact spot they talk about this, but I am sure that I remember this conversation.

So you are saying that wolves are genetically closer to humans than trollocs are?

No. The wolves' presence and abilities in Tel'aran'rhiod are totally different than the humans' abilities. The Trollocs share neither.

I thought trollocs have some human genes in them.

The differences are enough that NONE of the Trollocs can channel, even though that is genetic. DNA is based on four molecules that are the same whether you're a human or a sponge. The fact that there is some human and/or wolf DNA in Trollocs does not mean that they have to share some human mental abilities.

Guest Wynne Jessal
Can trollocs/shadowspawn enter TAR? If they can then that would pose some major problems.

Since they can't pass through a gateway alive' date=' and they can't channel, probably not.[/quote']

Where does it say that Trollocs etc. can't pass through gateways? Not doubting you, but wondering if I'm misunderstanding, because isn't that how the Forsaken have made certain strategic shadowspawn attacks (like in TSR)? Maybe this comes out in a later book that I haven't re-read yet?

Archived