DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slowing

shortkut

Avi's kids are already an exception to the rules. Ordinarily, people only start channeling afte rusing the Power for a time, but ordinarily people only start channeling after a certaint age, so we don't know what the effect of channeling in early life would be. They apparently haven't slowed, but we don't know why.

Normally they die when their apparent age is 65. Non-channelers die when their apparent age is 75-100 or something. If they live until they die of old age, that is. Maybe the slowing doesn't affect the maturing processe that don't have to do with cell damage? I think I've read that aging starts when you're about 15. Aging is probably a whole range of different things.

I think of Slowing as a result of OP use on the aging process. Something like the effect melange has in Dune. It wouldn't make sense for a person to mature any slower because of that -- this is a completely different (and positive) process which I don't see any reason for the OP to suppress.

Of course, this is high speculation.

I think of Slowing as a result of OP use on the aging process. Something like the effect melange has in Dune. It wouldn't make sense for a person to mature any slower because of that -- this is a completely different (and positive) process which I don't see any reason for the OP to suppress.

Of course, this is high speculation.

So Im not the only one who thought of it that way :)

Archived