DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My Little Pony

Danjaman

I'm amazed that there's no topic on this already, considering how huge this show is. I heard a lot about it, so I thought I'd see what all the hype is about - and I have to say it's a great show. I'm really into cartoons, so I finished the whole show in a week or two, and I'm glad I checked it out. In comparison to other kid's cartoons, I'd put it above PowerPuff Girls (which I loved), but below Spongebob (which is amazing). I also hear Adventure Time is good, so that's up next.

So ya, there must be other fans about on the forums, what do you think of the show? Who are you favourite characters? (Mine is Fluttershy :D) Season 3 is coming out in November, who's exicted?

Also, if anyone didn't see this on the Fan Art Friday: http://akabi.deviant...-Time-306041919

Well, I got shot down badly. I watch a lot of other shows, live and animated - I'm not a hardcore pony fan. I just thought - since I always see people wearing pony shirts - that this place might have a few bronies willing to chat it up (I'm not crazy enough to go to MLP forums). On the other hand though, if only hardcore fans responded, then this thread would have been empty and awkward, so thanks for your valid opinions.

Lol, I love the lack of logic in Spongebob - they call a sea sponge yet he looks like a kitchen sponge lmao. Light only knows how a crab fathers a whale, how a squid plays clarinet, or why they have underwater burgers.

And no, I'm not trolling ffs, this is a respectable community, not 4chan.

logic =/= spongebob.

*glares at chuck* and dont knock the square one, he awesome *takes out her karate gloves*

as to the topic, MEH.

i'm old school. this new version just makes me sad. i prefer the old 1980's cartoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qONwyLxGaM&feature=share&list=PL15409E0ED9F5D841

*sighs* why must the new generation seek to ruin my generations lovable cartoons. i mean you guys demolish Transformers, and then had the nerve to rework TMNT in disgusting animation and now you attack MLP.

if ya'll touch Ghostbusters, its war.

I've watched every episode of the New My Little Pony... but its mostly due to my 5 year old daughter being addicted to it. So her favorite thing to do after school is to sit me on the couch after school and watch an episode or 2 of My little Pony while eating her snack.

I'll admit i did laugh at some scenes, but its not a show i would ever watch with out my daughter making that one of our "spend time together" moments.

Luckily for me she's 5 and is easy to distract and we can go do something else together, but more often than not during snack time its me watching My Little Pony or Dinosaur King with her, but since her favorite song in the world is Dirty Deeds by AC/DC i'll forgive any amount of pony watching (she has great taste in music)

logic =/= spongebob.

*glares at chuck* and dont knock the square one, he awesome *takes out her karate gloves*

as to the topic, MEH.

i'm old school. this new version just makes me sad. i prefer the old 1980's cartoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qONwyLxGaM&feature=share&list=PL15409E0ED9F5D841

*sighs* why must the new generation seek to ruin my generations lovable cartoons. i mean you guys demolish Transformers, and then had the nerve to rework TMNT in disgusting animation and now you attack MLP.

if ya'll touch Ghostbusters, its war.

*runs over*

*puts GrumpyBear in her pocket*

*runs off*

MINE!!!!

btw, i'm in the process of quilting a Care Bear & Care Bear Cousin quilt, after cross stitching the designs on fabric squares. its an epic quilt!!! years away from completion, all i'm missing is a good picture of True Heart Bear and Noble Heart Horse.

i'm focusing mainly on the G1 and G2 foms and bears, ignoring the re-boot.

• 1 month later...
Well it's hard to have a conversation about something no one is talking about

If you want to discuss MLP then uhhh...do it

I'm sure someone else will jump in

nah, i'm not good a forcing a conversation.

and i have outlets for that elsewhere anyway.

i just wanted to make my presence known

• 3 weeks later...

The synopsis for episode 62, "Keep Calm and Flutter On" sounds very promising:

Princess Celestia tasks the ponies with reforming Discord, a mischievous spirit of disharmony, but Fluttershy is the only one who is willing to give him a chance.

Season 3 has been mostly disappointing so far, but this might change that.

Archived