DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My school needs your help in getting some awesome grant money!

JenniferL

Alright, so some of you know that I'm a special education teacher. I work at an extremely small, private school for kids with behavior disorders. Our kids are super smart, but because of their emotional volatility they aren't successful in traditional settings. Anyways, we got entered into a contest for a classroom makeover from Glidden paint. Our building is super old and is just beat to hell. On top of that, a pipe burst yesterday and there is water in every classroom and the multi-purpose space in the basement is destroyed. We really need the remodel. Our school invests the tuition money in things like my salary and rent. Extra stuff comes from grants like this.

The grant money goes to the school that can get the most votes. We're up against public schools that serve thousands of families. We only have 24. We are getting our asses beat by those guys. So, pretty please, do me a solid and click this link and follow the voting instructions. http://the504school.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-orion-school-is-finalist-in.html We're the longest of long shots right now, but I feel like we're just as deserving as these other programs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived