DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pact of the griffin.

That's where I'm at in my reread. I guess I must not have read that sentence correctly before I posted this.

"If Andor entered the war, the other nations would as well, particularly those in The pact of the griffin and those in the court of the sun."

TCotS is carhien I knew but TPotG should have been obvious after that sentence. Thanks.

From the sound the Pact of the Griffin is seperate but linked to the Court of the Sun. The Court of the Sun is obviously Cairhein and Andor, linked under Elayne, and thus her children. The Pact of the Griffin is likely Ghealdan, Two Rivers and Saldaea, linked through Perrin and Faile, and then the two are linked by the Two Rivers to Andor, and thus the Court of the Sun and the Pact of the Griffin are interwoven, but seperate.

The Pact of the Griffin is definately not a specific nation, but an Alliance, though those in it likely all answer to Perrin or his descendents.

From the sound the Pact of the Griffin is seperate but linked to the Court of the Sun. The Court of the Sun is obviously Cairhein and Andor, linked under Elayne, and thus her children. The Pact of the Griffin is likely Ghealdan, Two Rivers and Saldaea, linked through Perrin and Faile, and then the two are linked by the Two Rivers to Andor, and thus the Court of the Sun and the Pact of the Griffin are interwoven, but seperate.

The Pact of the Griffin is definately not a specific nation, but an Alliance, though those in it likely all answer to Perrin or his descendents.

You forgot Mayene (don't forget about Berelain and Galad to add even more to what Faile says) in the pact of the Griffin and Cairhien would also be a part of that as outlined by Faile in ToM-47.

ToM-47

"Your Majesty," Faile said, leaning forward, tea cupped in her hands before her. "Perrin spent several weeks with some Seanchan officers. They have created a great pact of nations allied beneath one banner. Rand al'Thor, though you must trust him as a freind, has done the same. Tear, Illian, and maybe now Arad Doman are beneath his rule. Nations join rather than split, these days. Andor looks smaller by the hour."

"That why I did what I did." Alliandre said.

Well, in Faile's view, Alliandre had been caught up by Perrin as a ta'veren. There hadn't been much planning. But Alliandre might see it otherwise.

"Your majesty," Faile continued, "there is much to gain here. Through my marriage to Perrin, you gain a tie to Saldaea. Through Alliandre's oaths, you gain Ghealdan. Berelain also follows Perrin and has often mentioned her desire to find strong allies for Mayene. If we were to speak with her, I suspect she might be willing to make an alliance with us. We could create our own pact. Five nations, if you count the Two Rivers as one--six, if you do take the Sun Throne, as rumor claims you will. We are not the most powerful nations, but the many are stronger than the one. And you would be at our head."

Also, when the Court of the Sun is mentioned, it is implied that there are multiple nations other than Andor in that. At least that's the way I read it

ToM-49

If Andor entered the war, the other nations would as well, particularly those in the Pact of the Griffin and those in the Court of the Sun.

Also, when the Court of the Sun is mentioned, it is implied that there are multiple nations other than Andor in that. At least that's the way I read it

ToM-49

If Andor entered the war, the other nations would as well, particularly those in the Pact of the Griffin and those in the Court of the Sun.

The symbol of the Children of the Light is a sun.

ToM-49

Yeah, I'd presume its Cairhein and Andor.

I was thinking...

What if Darlin dies in the last battle? The Tairens and the Children both hate channelers to at least some extent, and if Galad marries Berelain it would be an obvious alliance if Galad were to get control of Tear.

Not that I think it's likely, but it would make the Court of the Sun just a bit more than 'Andor gets subsumed into Cairhien' which would be odd to me.

I was thinking...

What if Darlin dies in the last battle? The Tairens and the Children both hate channelers to at least some extent, and if Galad marries Berelain it would be an obvious alliance if Galad were to get control of Tear.

Not that I think it's likely, but it would make the Court of the Sun just a bit more than 'Andor gets subsumed into Cairhien' which would be odd to me.

i think Min has a viewing about Darlin, him becoming King and marrying Caraline and also dying in bed.

Archived