DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Aiel Heart

Join the Clan--Sign Up Here!

DM Handle: Dar'Jen Ab Owain

Timezone: Eastern

What does "honor" mean to you?: Taking a stand and holding fast. If you give your word, you do everything within your power to keep it, and thus it should not be given lightly. Honor is what identifies you as loyal, committed, and dedicated. Your beliefs are what guide your actions; your actions are the physical representations of your beliefs. What you do and what you say are a direct link to who you are, and so others should be able to identify you as "honorable" by staying true to yourself.

(Sorry if I wrote too much. Or if you need any additional information, please feel free to ask.)

Edited by Dar'Jen Ab Owain

I see you Dar'Jen. An excellent answer. Aiel Heart will be along shortly to welcome you and get you access to the rest of the boards!

Edited by Lessa Nikia

Yes, it's a good day. I went to the dentist and got half my mouth deep cleaned. Other than that, it's been a good one. I hope you're having a good day, too. 

Glad to hear all went well with the dentist appointment.

My day was long, but at least I stayed busy, and that's the important thing. Got to enjoy a walk at the park with my son after work, so that was the best part of my day.

Getting ready to head to bed, to get up early, and do it all again.

DM Handle: Rhilindia
Timezone: Central
What does "honor" mean to you?: Honor is accepting accountability for ones actions. It is defending those who can not defend themselves. It is pushing yourself and others to the far reaches of their potential. It is about seeing something difficult and doing it anyway. 

I see you Rhilindia. Welcome to the Aiel.  Our Car'a'carn, Aiel Heart will be by shortly to add you. In the meantime, you are welcome to join in the Pixar discussion. 

This is new since I returned, so I figured I would fill it out. 

DM Handle: Minuet

Timezone: Arizona, we don't observe daylight savings time, so half the year we are with CA and the other with NM, whatever time zones those are in. I think we are in Mountain Standard time. 

What does "honor" mean to you?: Honor is a very serious word. It is your word and your bond to your character, talents, integrity, and honesty. It isn't good enough to know the right and moral path. It means walking that path daily, every second. It means taking a hit when needed to stand up for your beliefs, what you know to be true, moral,  and right. It is making the right choices when no one else will ever know. It is taking personal responsibility for your actions. Not blaming your parents, society or anyone else for what you do and how you do it. It is having respect for yourself and living up to your highest expectations and highest moral principles. So, honor is also having uncompromising honesty and integrity. 

Alright. I've been here long enough. It's about time I actually joined up. 

DM handle: The Bard Babe

Timezone: Not even close to you lot. GMT+10 or something along those lines

What does honour mean to me: Honour is a tricky concept, and scary. People do bad things in the name of honour. But they do good as well. Personal honour for me is keeping your word. Above all else, it's being reliable, holding true to what you have allowed others to expect of you. 

Hi BB!

Aiel Heart has to get you board permissions, and she's been having troubles being here a lot, so please be patient. In the meantime, jump in and play. 

DM Handle: Lord Luc

Timezone:  GMT -8

What does "honor" mean to you?: Honor is undefinable, it is a value, a virtue for yourself. To me, honor is a morality system, where there is respect for others, to earn the honor after losing it is harder than gaining more because honor is respect, but respect is not honor.

You should just look at my great respect in Edmonds Field in early/mid-book 4, let's not talk about my... Wolf habits.

Edited by Lord Luc

DM Handle: Kirsti

Timezone: GMT

What does 'honour' mean to you?:  Honour isn't black and white & there are many paths to it.  It's respect - for yourself & others (though respect doesn't mean the same thing as honour, I should add), it's defending those who cannot defend themselves,  it's pushing yourself to your limit to achieve your full potential (physical & mental) - and helping others to do the same to make the whole stronger and it's holding true to the core of what you believe even in the face of overwhelming odds.

1 hour ago, Kirsti said:

DM Handle: Kirsti

Timezone: GMT

What does 'honour' mean to you?:  Honour isn't black and white & there are many paths to it.  It's respect - for yourself & others (though respect doesn't mean the same thing as honour, I should add), it's defending those who cannot defend themselves,  it's pushing yourself to your limit to achieve your full potential (physical & mental) - and helping others to do the same to make the whole stronger and it's holding true to the core of what you believe even in the face of overwhelming odds.

Thank you, Kirsti!!

Welcome to the Aiel!

DM Handle: Cazzly

Timezone: GMT-8 (PST)

What does "honor" mean to you?

Honor is a daily choice. It is the choice to adhere to your core beliefs while respecting the core beliefs of others. Further, it is the commitment to return to honor even if you have previously deviated from it.

We are having a bit of trouble with members being able to log in and post. Please be patient!

DM Handle : Liam N

Timezone : EST

What does "honor" mean to you?

Honor is respect. To honor someone is to respect someone, so if you have any self respect then you have to have to be honorable. Honor is honesty. To have honor is to be honest in both your words and actions, being straight forward is honorable and lying by omission or redirection is still lying. Honor is fairness. To have honor you must never challenge anyone to dance the spears with if you know you could easily take them as gai'shain, unless you intend to train them. Honor is self control. To have honor is to control how much you allow yourself to indulge in everything from overly sweet wetlander foods to starting blood feuds with those who do not act against you simply to dance the spears. Honor is flexibility. To have honor is to accept that which is different and be able to adapt to it while still retaining your own self. Honor is duty. To have honor you must know what is required of you and fulfill it to the best of your ability. Honor is courage. To have honor you must rise to whatever challenge is in reach and attempt it, while not stooping to calling every frivolous task a challenge. Honor is humility. To have honor you must not be overly confident and risk your clan over a selfish sense of self importance, and believing you are best suited to every task is a quick way to being good at none. Overall, honor is the only way to wake from the dream with a feeling of completion, and those who lack it will find themselves unfulfilled and wanting to wake once again.