DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

George R R Martin, Egwene, death by beheading?

Southpaw89

According to Brandon, the dream Egwene had of her head on a block and an ax hasn't come true yet. He also said that he pulled off a George R R Martin move in A Memory of Light and that there is an emotional scene involving Bela.... Could this indicate death for Egwene by... beheading? Discuss

According to Brandon, the dream Egwene had of her head on a block and an ax hasn't come true yet. He also said that he pulled off a George R R Martin move in A Memory of Light and that there is an emotional scene involving Bela.... Could this indicate death for Egwene by... beheading? Discuss

Brandon said it had not happened by tGS. I find it likely that it referred to the situation with the Bloodknives--Egwene 'strapped down' by the dream battle with Mesaana, the axr that was falling being the Bloodknives moving in for the kill, etc.

I can't see that Nynaeve would ever be Amyrlin. Her path is like Cadsuane and Moiraine's, to be very much a part of the world and to make things happen personally via a hands on approach. Nynaeve will be a legend in tower lore, but she'll never hold a position of power in the Tower.

If Egwene were to die, I can't imagine it happening via beheading. But if it did, who would be the new Amyrlin? Might give Nynaeve something to hold on to if Lan died as well.

Saerin, Romanda, or Lelaine.

No one else has enough support and Cadsuane wouldn't want it anyway. Saerin would be the best choice, but I think she's too close to Egwene. Then again I can't see Romanda or Lelaine edging out one-another, so I fear they'd try and set up a puppet again. So the WT better hope that Egwene doesn't die, or else their future is no bueno.

While I don't personally like Egwene that much, I hope she doesn't end with a simple beheading. She's much to strong of a character to have that done to her. I can see her dying during the last book, but I would assume it would be surrounded by the bodies of thousands of trollocs and a couple dozen dreadlords.

Having her simply be beheaded seems hollow somehow, and like her or hate her, the character deserves more than a hollow death (if she does die)

You cannot GRRM something in the last book. A GRRM move would have been to kill Perrin at the end of like book 5 and then like 5 more major characters before this last book. In the last book of a series you expect major characters to die. In a GRRM you don't suspect it and it takes place in early books

You have seen the Brandon quote about the GRRM moment in AMoL correct? We should maybe hold off judgement until we see what it actually is.

You cannot GRRM something in the last book. A GRRM move would have been to kill Perrin at the end of like book 5 and then like 5 more major characters before this last book. In the last book of a series you expect major characters to die. In a GRRM you don't suspect it and it takes place in early books

You have seen the Brandon quote about the GRRM moment in AMoL correct? We should maybe hold off judgement until we see what it actually is.

I took the quote to mean that it is a death that the fan base probably isn't expecting.

I didn't read it as a pure GRRM moment like main characters dying in books 1 and 2 even though the story line is setting them up to be around forever.

Well.....

Egwene and Gawyn DID say they wished to marry. Maybe it will be a GRRM type wedding. In which case:

1) The groom could be poisoned.

2) The groom could be shot with a crossbow.

3) The wedding guests can be killed...somewhat frowned upon in Westeros, but a Dothraki wedding without a few deaths is not considered a fortunate event.

4) The bride and groom can be stripped naked as part of wedding festivities.

I tend to think none of these would go over well at a wedding in Randland, but one never knows.

The GRRM moment will be when it's revealed Rand and Gawyn are actually fraternal twins. Elayne and Rand then go on to name their children Joffrey and Marcella. Hurray for Joffrey Al'Thor

so no Tomman?

Well it would be BS writing it, wouldn't feel right to get all the details right.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.....

Egwene and Gawyn DID say they wished to marry. Maybe it will be a GRRM type wedding. In which case:

1) The groom could be poisoned.

2) The groom could be shot with a crossbow.

3) The wedding guests can be killed...somewhat frowned upon in Westeros, but a Dothraki wedding without a few deaths is not considered a fortunate event.

4) The bride and groom can be stripped naked as part of wedding festivities.

I tend to think none of these would go over well at a wedding in Randland, but one never knows.

Gawyn poisons himself and Elayne using the BloodRings. Two people who many would be pleased with dying.

Archived