DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Lies of Locke Lamora or A Blade Itself?

Luckystrike

I'm halfway through A Feast for Crows (ASoIaF), and that's it for now. I'm just not feeling it right now, but I will definitely continue the series. So be calm. ;P

But I'm urging for another fantasy series, and I have come across these two first books; The Lies of Locke Lamora and A Blade Itself. The latter was my first find, and the reviews made me really excited, but then Locke Lamora came up - and gave me the same amount of excitement!

So please help me decide which one I will start reading first! :)

I'm halfway through A Feast for Crows (ASoIaF), and that's it for now. I'm just not feeling it right now, but I will definitely continue the series. So be calm. ;P

But I'm urging for another fantasy series, and I have come across these two first books; The Lies of Locke Lamora and A Blade Itself. The latter was my first find, and the reviews made me really excited, but then Locke Lamora came up - and gave me the same amount of excitement!

So please help me decide which one I will start reading first! :)

You can't go wrong there Lucky, two excellent series.

Abercrombie is much more dark and he does an amazing job of subverting expectations and norms in the fantasy genre.

Lynch is great too. His stories are somewhat more "caper" oriented. Kind of an "oceans eleven" type thing going on.

I envy you getting to read both for the first time!

I was all-in on Scott Lynch and Lamora, but the second book pissed me off as a reader so he's left a sour taste in my mouth.

The second wasn't as good as the first for certain for all that it was still enjoyable. What makes it worse is Scott's issues with getting out the third book. I have faith that he will get things turned back around however.

Archived