DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Autographs?

NVash

Many years ago the final Harry Potter book came out and my local Borders threw a release party. I attended with my little brother and it wasn't really anything huge but yet, I'll never forget it. When I think of this final Wheel of Time book I wonder, are there any bookstores throwing any release parties? It seems as if all the ones around me have been shut down.

Besides that, how would I go about getting an autographed copy? Is that even possible? I know getting one of Harry Potter is bordering on impossible but it can't hurt to ask about this one.

Many years ago the final Harry Potter book came out and my local Borders threw a release party. I attended with my little brother and it wasn't really anything huge but yet, I'll never forget it. When I think of this final Wheel of Time book I wonder, are there any bookstores throwing any release parties? It seems as if all the ones around me have been shut down.

Besides that, how would I go about getting an autographed copy? Is that even possible? I know getting one of Harry Potter is bordering on impossible but it can't hurt to ask about this one.

For the last several books even though they are NY #1 bestsellers, bookstores and TOR haven't done crap for actually advertising their release. Since Path of Daggers/New Spring I haven't even seen any of those cardboard displays bookstores add in the Scifi/Fantasy area. It was one of those where I realized that RJ had another book out after like 2 years of waiting. I've seen other complaints regarding the lack of parties and any signage or hype outside of the stores actually hosting a signing. It's as if since RJ passed, everyone's like, eh, let's not invest anything, let's just let the fan base carry the burden. There's been no attempt to bring other newer readers into the series apart from when they split up The Eye of the World and New Spring into the young reader books.

For the last several books even though they are NY #1 bestsellers, bookstores and TOR haven't done crap for actually advertising their release. Since Path of Daggers/New Spring I haven't even seen any of those cardboard displays bookstores add in the Scifi/Fantasy area. It was one of those where I realized that RJ had another book out after like 2 years of waiting. I've seen other complaints regarding the lack of parties and any signage or hype outside of the stores actually hosting a signing. It's as if since RJ passed, everyone's like, eh, let's not invest anything, let's just let the fan base carry the burden. There's been no attempt to bring other newer readers into the series apart from when they split up The Eye of the World and New Spring into the young reader books.

I suppose I mean to say it is very disappointing with the lack of advertising, games, and tv/movie venture. Even the comics flopped.

teotw was split before WH even came out. I got it as a present and it was how I got into the series, made carrying it around easier even though I hated people thinking I was reading a young adult book

Look on Sandersons webpage he had some thing running on there about autographed copys of Amol that some store in utah were selling. But i think they sold them all out. might be a way to get more info from there.

Many years ago the final Harry Potter book came out

My god, am I truly that old, or did anyone else flinch at 5 years being referred to as 'many'? :smile:

To your question, just follow Brandon's site. I'm sure you'll get more opportunities to order signed copies, or you could simply purchase a regular copy and have Brandon sign it on his tour (assuming, that is, that you reside in the US; or maybe even the UK). Of course, you can always mail Brandon your book with return postage and he'll sign it and ship it back to you. He's cool that way.

Many years ago the final Harry Potter book came out

My god, am I truly that old, or did anyone else flinch at 5 years being referred to as 'many'? :smile:

To your question, just follow Brandon's site. I'm sure you'll get more opportunities to order signed copies, or you could simply purchase a regular copy and have Brandon sign it on his tour (assuming, that is, that you reside in the US; or maybe even the UK). Of course, you can always mail Brandon your book with return postage and he'll sign it and ship it back to you. He's cool that way.

Sorry about that. It does feel like forever ago when the last Harry Potter came out. Think that's bad, I remember when the second came out and my friends were ranting and raving but I didn't care. I remember at that huge event, a guy I went to high school with came dressed as Hagrid, won the costume competition and actually got to unveil the book. I was there with my little brother and many children were running around. I felt ancient.

About the site and signing...

http://www.brandonsa...y-Mail--Updates

Well crap. That sucks.

http://www.dragoncon.org/

Looking around on his site he was at DragonCon but it's no good since A Memory Of Light isn't out yet. I guess others like me will have to buy the hardback versions and try to catch up with him at a convention. I'd do it though, if I could get some sort of pic to prove it. That'd be awesome.

There's no rush though. As I said when I joined here, I've recently embarked on attempting to read the series from beginning to end. I just finished New Spring a few days ago. Life is really hindering my reading the books. Maybe next August I'll have them done or at least be up to the final one.

Archived