DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Galina

pinkkaz

Guest cwestervelt

I have absolutely no sympathy for Galina. To the contrary, I think Galina got much less than she deserved. Probably less than she would have gotten if she had been captured by non-Black Aes Sedai. Definitely much less than she would have done to Therava if their positions were reversed.

Considering the treacherous way she treated Faile and co, she deffinitely deserved it.

I did feel sorry for her when she fell into Therava's (or whatever her name is) hands though. Maybe I'm a big softy at heart...

I would have like to have seen her get her come-uppance from another character- perhaps Faile. One of the good guys/girls anyway...

Guest Fire Lord

To be honestly truthful and truly honest, I felt kinda sorry for her, I nearly thought she would pull off her escape.

Yes she's Black and horrible etc etc, and deserves her punishment, but still...I would have liked to know what Rand would have done if he had laid his hands on her. Perhaps he would have revised his rule about not harming women...which I'm for, by the way. (the rule, not the revising of it).

She deserved it, but Therava deserves something too; maybe watching the Shaido die off around her during the next age will be her punishment?

I agree, algspkr, Therava is in some ways as bad as a Black, you can't just walk around messing with people's wills...

Guest cwestervelt
To be honestly truthful and truly honest' date=' I felt kinda sorry for her, I nearly thought she would pull off her escape.

Yes she's Black and horrible etc etc, and deserves her punishment, but still...I would have liked to know what Rand would have done if he had laid his hands on her. Perhaps he would have revised his rule about not harming women...which I'm for, by the way. (the rule, not the revising of it).

She deserved it, but Therava deserves something too; maybe watching the Shaido die off around her during the next age will be her punishment?

I agree, algspkr, Therava is in some ways as bad as a Black, you can't just walk around messing with people's wills...

While Therava may have gone over the edge, she still maintained a sense of responsibility for the wellfare of the Shaido. I suspect much of her attitude was that she didn't like what Sevanna was doing, but didn't know how to deal with it. I think with Sevanna being gone and the Shaido returning to the Waste, she will likely make a good Wise One. We'll likely never find out though.

Yea, Therava just happens to be a sadist, I don't think she's unreasonable toward anyone but little Lina. I think Galina got what she deserved, even after being given a small dose of her own medicine she continued in her old vein, with never a thought for changing her own course. She's done much worse to other people and would again if she could, I'd consider killing her too easy an escape.

Now, Galina isn't a person who goes out of her way for cruelty, only she's completely unaffected by it, so much so that it becomes the same thing. A good example being Rand's treatment on the way to Tar Valon when he was kidnapped. Initially Galina didn't intend to have him beaten, she opposed it as unnecessary, as long as he did not cause trouble. However, he killed one of Erian's Warders, so Erian's face was no longer shining, and she didn't want to "drink blue-berry tea" with Galina. So Galina had to drink her tea alone, and Rand's two weeks to Tar Valon were going to be a torment. (LoC: Feast of Lights)

Yeah Galina deserves whatever bad things come her way. Because if it weren't for her faile probably would have escaped in CoT and we wouldn't have had to listen to Perrin's whinning, and deal with his rope of knots.

Galina's punishment by Therava is much less than she deserved. However, the main characters (that walk in the Light) have often been reluctant to punish or eliminate DF and BA and even Forsaken enemies. Therava has taken Galina out of action, but Galina is still alive and potentially just as dangerous as ever (but more vindictive). The series is not over yet. Anyone counting Galina out completely?

Guest Fire Lord
The series is not over yet. Anyone counting Galina out completely?

I don't know, unless Therava's group runs into some folk who've got a tooth to pick with Aiel-pretty much everyone in the region where they're-.

Otherwise, I think Therava is the right person to make Galina regret the day her father stole that kiss from her mother. Both can channel, and thus are likely to live long.

An eternity roasting in hell.

Guest cwestervelt

That last section with Therava/Galina and assorted Shaido had a feeling of finality to it. I don't think we will be seeing them again.

That last section with Therava/Galina and assorted Shaido had a feeling of finality to it. I don't think we will be seeing them again.

I would guess that we hear reports and rumors of them each putting them futher and further west, but no actual PoV sightings.

Yes, I go the same impression. I don't think we'll see any more of Galina, at least not in the Wheel of Time. She could appear in the spin-off series I suppose... (although that's probably unlikely).

As for Therava, whilst I agree she probably isn't on the same level of evil as Galina (i.e. she probably wouldn't sell her soul to the Dark Lord and she, as stated above, she does bear in mind the interests of the Aiel people) she is just as bad in her own way. Her sadism was mentioned - and in that way she is probably worse than Galina. If I remember correctly, she and a bunch of others used the one power to slaughter one of her own Wise Ones in a rather gruesome fashion. I can't remember the reason now, but I remember the wise one didn't particularly do anything to warrant it, it was purely some kind of deceit or frame up of some kind...

Yes' date=' I go the same impression. I don't think we'll see any more of Galina, at least not in the Wheel of Time. She could appear in the spin-off series I suppose... (although that's probably unlikely).

As for Therava, whilst I agree she probably isn't on the same level of evil as Galina (i.e. she probably wouldn't sell her soul to the Dark Lord and she, as stated above, she does bear in mind the interests of the Aiel people) she is just as bad in her own way. Her sadism was mentioned - and in that way she is probably worse than Galina. If I remember correctly, she and a bunch of others used the one power to slaughter one of her own Wise Ones in a rather gruesome fashion. I can't remember the reason now, but I remember the wise one didn't particularly do anything to warrant it, it was purely some kind of deceit or frame up of some kind...[/quote']

They killed her because she was a threat to Sevanna... as I recall.

Yes, I go the same impression. I don't think we'll see any more of Galina, at least not in the Wheel of Time. She could appear in the spin-off series I suppose... (although that's probably unlikely).

As for Therava, whilst I agree she probably isn't on the same level of evil as Galina (i.e. she probably wouldn't sell her soul to the Dark Lord and she, as stated above, she does bear in mind the interests of the Aiel people) she is just as bad in her own way. Her sadism was mentioned - and in that way she is probably worse than Galina. If I remember correctly, she and a bunch of others used the one power to slaughter one of her own Wise Ones in a rather gruesome fashion. I can't remember the reason now, but I remember the wise one didn't particularly do anything to warrant it, it was purely some kind of deceit or frame up of some kind...

They killed her because she was a threat to Sevanna... as I recall.

Not a threat so much as an annoyance. She had no way to prevent Sevanna from doing whatever she wanted, but opposed Sevanna, even went so far as to object to Sevanna's being made a wise one.

Yeah me too. Even if someone walked up to Galina now with the Oath Rod, put it in her hand, and said "Here, unswear yourself" she couldn't. She would have to be forcibly unsworn, and the Black Ajah isn't going to that kind of trouble to get her out. The best she can hope for is a quick death. And its better than she deserves.

That's about what I was planning to write

The Wise Ones used the Power to kill one of their own as a means to convince the rest of the Shaido that the Aes Sedai were their enemies. That way, when the time came for the Shaido to break their agreement with Galina's group and steal Rand away, they would have no issues opposing the Aes Sedai.

Archived