• The Lord of Choas
    • The Crown of Swords
    • The Path of Daggers
    • Winter's Heart
    • Crossroads of Twilight
    • Knife of Dreams
    • A Memory of Light (only if you've read it) : |>
    • New Spring

At the very end of TG I envision Rand breaking the seals and the DO erupts out of the Bore to cast a darkness over everything. Then Rand does his thing and seals the DO back in or kills him thus removing the darkness and the daylight comes back.

Plus I feel that this is the last turning of the wheel for the DO. Rand kills him dead. The DO has said that even he cannot step outside of time or something or other. So Rand takes the Choeden Kal and balefires DO or something else equally nasty until his wound breaks spilling blood over the rocks Shayul Ghul. I mean why write the story unless its the true Last Battle.

I been thinking about Egwene's dream of trying to break thru the wall of discs that look like the seals of DO's prison. That might mean that Rand breaks the seals, clears the rubble, then reseals himself and the DO in together so he can fight without endangering anyone else.

K i'm thru rambling here.

I agree with Art, I definatly don't think the DO will die in this battle, not every series has to have an end to all evil in the world. Pluse, RJ's already shown evidence that says if the DO is destroyed once and for all there will be no balance to the good in the world ever again, and the wheel will stop turning, crumble, the snake will eat itself, etc

This will not be the end of everything, simply the end of the Third Age. The Dark One will probably break loose, and Rand will fight Moridin (thus the DO), and after defeating Moridin will reseal the DO's prison, or find a new kind of prison for him. The world cannot exist without evil. As RJ has said "They are different sides to the same coin." Without evil, good cannot exist. What will probably happen is that after the battle the "fourth age" will begin, and over time this story we've read will fade to legend, then to myth, and finally will be forgotten with the "third age" comes again. Time won't end, and the battle between good and evil won't end either. It can never end until the wheel is destroyed.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived