DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is there a chronological chapter list for The Gathering Storm and Towers of Midnight?

Guest The Mega Sage

Guest The Mega Sage

I own the Wheel of Time audio books, and am about half way through Tower of Midnight. It's ... not confusing ... but strange, to be reading / listening to Perrin in the dream world at day X, and the chapter before having heard about Egwene on day X + 15 (or what have you).

I can't help but think it would be quite enjoyable to listen to the books in their chronological order. Is there a list somewhere that shows the range of days covered for each chapter in TGS and TOM, such that one could then order their audio books in such a way as to listen to things in their 'proper' time order?

Thanks. :)

Stephen Cooper's chronology was very accurate through KoD, was mostly guesses for TGS, and he gave up when ToM came out. There might be approximate timelines online someplace, since there are certain interactions that have to take place before others.

One place to start I suppose is everything Perrin does up through ToM ch 30 is before/during Rand's epiphany in Veins of Gold, TGS 50. And thus anything Egwene or anyone in the Tower does from the Epilogue of TGS on must come after those chapters too. Mat's doesn't make sense between books, but it could fit in there somewhere I suppose, with his interactions with Elayne and Perrin later. To be honest I don't want to give this any more thought than I already have while typing this because it kind of gives me a headache.

Good luck finding or making one!

I've been thinking of making the same topic.

I don't need to put all the chapters in perfect chronological order, but I'd have preferred if ToM had been written in two parts. Part One would, Perrin, Mat and Elayne (primarily) and catching up their plotlines and ending with

Perrin seeing Rand's epiphany on Dragonmount.

Part Two would start with Rand coming off of Dragonmount. Now that everything is much closer to being even you wouldn't run into some glaring "contradictions".

As I said, I wouldn't be a stickler for perfect chronological order. Pacing and a consistent narrative takes priority.

Archived