DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Questions from the Town (Spoilers)

fyodor

Janduin couldn't channel, right? So he couldn't be turned, at least. There's not real reason to capture him, then . . .

then he could just be one of the Talentless, it is also stated that the Shadow took slaves to build the town

I get the impression that the talentless are people that were raised in the Town. If Cyndane/Lanfear/Whomever trusts them to be assassins, it's unlikely they are prisoners.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were separated before she gave birth. She was still alive. Why didn't Janduin go looking for her before he went off?

I think he went off after they returned to the Waste. She died on the battlefield-either someone reported her death or they found the body. Then, after Janduin brought the clans back to the Waste, he gave up his post and went off to the Blight.

I didn't read the new chapter(s) yet, but in light of the 'called it' thread in this section and this topic, I'd just like to say that I think I nailed it back in 2008:

"called it"... :wink: :myrddraal:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/28236-male-aiel-channelers/page__st__20?do=findComment&comment=807822

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/28236-male-aiel-channelers/page__st__20?do=findComment&comment=807896

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/28236-male-aiel-channelers/page__st__40?do=findComment&comment=808118

small parts:

Go back 2,5 thousand years in time.

The first Aiel male sparkers are going into the Blight. After some time, Ishamael notices the pattern & orders the Myrddraal to capture those males alive whatever the cost.

After a few tries, this succeeds and the first Aiel male sparker is caught, brought to Shayol Ghul and turned to the Dark with the help of thirteen female 'Friends'.

Rince & repeat a few times in a row.

.../ /...

to sum it up; for the past 2,5 thousand years, a hidden "Black Tower" of male Aiel channelers could exist in the Blight. It would only need one cycle of Ishamael's freedom to teach a few caught & turned male Aiel channelers the basics of channeling like Taim is doing right now in Andor.

Et voila, you have yourself a self-suplying/replennishing army of Dreadlords

.../ /...

It would be so ironic though;

Those who once lived by the Covenant & were pledged to peace, the very "Children of the Dragon" himself, unknowingly providing their nemesis -the one they collectively pledge to fight untill their dying breath- with a huge army of male Dreadlords.

Oh wouldn't it be great if Janduin was a learner and is now part of the "Blight Tower"... ;)

Oh oh oh, the irony.

.../ /...

Second, the 40 years cycle is just that; a theory. He could have been totally free. Or he could have been 'free near Shayol Ghul'. Or... you catch my drift right? For all we knew, he could have been sitting on a black/red chair in a black/red room in a black/red tower called the Blight Tower in the shadow of Shayol Ghul for all we know. We weren't informed. That's all.

... / /...

Uhhh.. and why would they have 'made their presence felt' exactly?

Shai'tan points, the DrAieLords punch.

Shai'tan says jump, they jump.

If Shai'tan orders them to 'Learn, gather up new recruits & hide untill your Lord and Master calls for you on the Day of Return', they'll do just that. Period.

Besides, they are Aiel. Twisted and made into a mirror image of themselves... but Aiel still.

When in -say- the last three-thousand years did we see Aiel cross the Dragonwall?

ONCE! And not to 'make their presence felt', but to avenge one of the biggest crimes one can commit according to Aiel tradition.

Aiel obey.

Heck... this theory might even work. :D

Archived