DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Does anyone else like Berelain?

Leopoled Boothe

For my part I absoultly love her. I mean she was the first world leader to follow Rand, she did a pretty good job of running Cairhein, and anyone who is so respected by the Aiel can't be all bad. Not to mention that she was the only one who was able avoid capture by the Shaido in WH which isn't exactly small potatos. I do think it is pretty lousy that she chases after a married man but hey, everbody's allowed one mistake.

So what does everyone else think of her.

Nothing against her. Certainly less annoying (at times...not a hater :wink: ) than Faile (If I read "My precious falcon" one more time I may die) has been lately. And who knows, she could totally redeem herself in AMoL by sticking a knife in Cadsuane. Wishful thinking, I know.

Berelain is a good character. She's a survivor who uses what she can to keep her small nation afloat, so to speak. Her going after Perrin was more of a stab at getting on Faile's nerves after their confrontation in Tear. Perrin being pretty clueless made it worse by playing right into the drama. He also could have shown a bit more spine by doing as Faile said concerning the matter and getting mad at his wife for not trusting him.

Anyhow, back to Berelain. I never faulted her for going after Perrin. She needed a way to stay under the eye of Rand and those who are important to him. In other words, courting Perrin was a way to stay noticed. It is one of the many things she must do to keep Mayenne in mix, and not forgotten by much larger, more powerful parties and nations.

I think she's great. I don't see her going after Perrin as Perrin centric - she does it to wind up Faile. It's a competition bwtween her and Faile not because she wants Perrin.

I can't wait until MOL as Min foretells a man in white will - can't exactly remember what!!! but sure it means romance. To me that means Galad and I think Berelain and the prudish but honourable, not to mention gorgeous Galad will be a great storyline.

I can't wait until MOL as Min foretells a man in white will - can't exactly remember what!!! but sure it means romance. To me that means Galad and I think Berelain and the prudish but honourable, not to mention gorgeous Galad will be a great storyline.

I don't remember the exact foretelling either, but I am sure it said she would fall for the man in white, but not necesarrily that he would fall for her. I've always assumed Galad would be the man in white, but he is obsessed with Egwene, so maybe the story will end with heartbreak for Berelain. With as much story as there appears to be to wrap up, I don't personally see how there can be much of the story devoted to them.

I don't remember the exact foretelling either, but I am sure it said she would fall for the man in white, but not necesarrily that he would fall for her. I've always assumed Galad would be the man in white, but he is obsessed with Egwene, so maybe the story will end with heartbreak for Berelain. With as much story as there appears to be to wrap up, I don't personally see how there can be much of the story devoted to them.

Egwene has Gawyne, Galad needs someone to reduce friction there and I don't see RJ doing an Authorian love triangle.

Guest Fire Lord

I was a bit annoyed when she was trying to get into Rand's bed. I should have felt the same with her behavior with Perrin, but somehow that never came to happen, and I was looking forward to when the three of them were together.

And I like the way she handled Faile in the SR before Rhuarc separates them (nothing else should be read into this).

Anyhow, back to Berelain. I never faulted her for going after Perrin. She needed a way to stay under the eye of Rand and those who are important to him. In other words, courting Perrin was a way to stay noticed. It is one of the many things she must do to keep Mayenne in mix, and not forgotten by much larger, more powerful parties and nations.

I had never considered it in that light, and I must say I agree with you.

And who knows, she could totally redeem herself in AMoL by sticking a knife in Cadsuane. Wishful thinking, I know.

Yeah, wishful thinking, small chances that RJ is going to something in that regard. I mean, I may enjoy reading Cadsuane's POV, but the woman has me banging my head on a wall and wanting to tear the book into pieces, the way she treats Rand is so...

I need to take myself off to a Cadsuane thread and rant there, sorry if I strayed from the topic.

Berelain is fine, not just the looks, rrrr

I secretly did hope earlier on that Perrin realized what a "B" Faile is and left her for Berelain.

Now that we're later in the story, I'm hoping Faile has an "accident" and Perrin ends up with Berelain.

She's Hawt, intelligent, Hawt, Sassy, and Hawt! :D

• 14 years later...

I thought her a horrible creature. She may have been a good leader but how she behaved towards Perrin was unforgivable and just positively disgusting.  It is degrading to portray a woman using sex to gain power. It may happen but there is no honor in it at all. To describe how much I disliked her- she made me feel sympathy fir Faile