DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prologue not available in all Orbit countries

Randommer

So, I've been diligently avoiding this discussion board in anticipation of the release of the prologue in the UK and other Orbit countries today...

Only to discover that it's not available in Ireland. WHAT GIVES?

I saw on the Orbit site that it's being released in Australia and New Zealand. Ireland always gets the Orbit editions and the new books are always released on the same day as the UK. Is there some sort of time delay going on or what? If thery're just not going to release it here at all, I am so annoyed; there are a metric tonne of WoT fans in Ireland, and not being able to read the prologue and first chapter and discuss them will really detract from my enjoyment of the last book. It's not really fair on the international fans to only release the advance stuff in some places.

Anyone know what's going on?

SO ANNOYED RIGHT NOW :tongue:

Are you Eire or NI?

Aunt Pol was able to get it in Ireland, but I'm not sure what bit she's in. Since you mention Orbit I take it you mean NI.

I got the Orbit prologue today, after a bit of a struggle - Amazon wanted to sell me a Kindle, or at least an app, and my OS needs upgrading before it will handle that. (Upgrade now on order..) iTunes would let me have a reader which would run on a smartphone, which I don't have.. but I found a link to ebooks.com, and THEY did the Prologue, and supplied an Adobe reader that I could use. So I'm a happy bunny.

Have you checked with Amazon UK, or with iTunes? Or ebooks.com?

Orbit has never released the prologue early. For some reason they don't want your money. My opinion is if Orbit don't want my money fine I'll give it to TOR.

Full instructions as to how to do this:

'Your on holiday in the US', yet because you need to buy it electronically for your kindle it seems not to work.

Easy go to the Manage my kindle section of the website (you need to be signed in).

Select the country settings on the left hand side, then hit change.

Put in the full Valid US address of the hotel. If your not sure what the hotel's address is and don't want to disturb the reception just google it.

Then you can now purchase the item from Amazon.COM, if you want use the following link

(remember you need to have changed the country settings first.)

Don't worry if you've left your kindle back home in the UK (or whichever country), just get 'someone else' to turn it on back home (as your away in the US on holiday) and as it is electronic delivery it can download to the kindle (some places may incur additional fees for this, I'm not sure).

Then when you get back from your holiday remember to change your country settings back or you won't be able to use your normal amazon.co.uk (or similar account).

Orbit has never released the prologue early.

They did this time, I've got it! Paid £1-99 in UK money!

First time they've done that, previously had to change the setting to the US to get it. It wasn't available here in the UK when it was first released in the UK either, must have only been released in the last couple of days...

That's right, it was released today. Note that this was the original scheduled date for the US release - but because it was 'pirated', Tor decided to bring that forward. Pity Orbit didn't as well, but there you go.

I'll look out the relevant links in a mo.

ETA: Orbit release note

http://www.orbitbooks.net/2012/09/24/a-memory-of-light-prologue-by-grace-and-banners-fallen-available-2-october-2012/comment-page-1/

ETA: Tor release

Due to some unforeseen mix-ups with other vendors, Tor decided to release the eBook prologue several weeks in advance of the original October 2nd release date.

http://www.dragonmount.com/index.php/News/amol/prologue_available

Thanks for the tips (and i meant the republic btw; i assume it's available okay in the north). Got around the issue eventually. Apparently they only know what country you're in if you're using your regular amazon account (was going to download it to kindle for pc). Borrowed my dad's kindle which seemed to assume I was in the US for some reason. I dunno; made no sense and I still don't understand why it's not 'supposed' to be available in Ireland, but I got it in the end :P

Thanks for the tips (and i meant the republic btw; i assume it's available okay in the north). Got around the issue eventually. Apparently they only know what country you're in if you're using your regular amazon account (was going to download it to kindle for pc). Borrowed my dad's kindle which seemed to assume I was in the US for some reason. I dunno; made no sense and I still don't understand why it's not 'supposed' to be available in Ireland, but I got it in the end :P

Another happy bunny! :biggrin:

@Stevros.. Come on, who goes on hol without their trusty Kindle....? :tongue:

Archived