DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will we see "prequal" stuff in aMOL?

joeron bigelow

I think this is a fair question to ask - since RJ plotted out 3 "prequal" novellas (New Spring and two others...), and someone said BS will not do those for RJ. So will BS include any of that unknown prequal info in aMOL?

I personally am thinking about Kari alThor and Tam's journeys. It may not have any importance to aMOL, but maybe yes? who knows...

I don't know about any of the prequel material or material that might foreshadow what would have been in the Outrigger novels but I'm hoping to learn more about the AoL. I know that's not what you had in mind but I'm hoping to learn more about the making of the Bore, struggle during the War of Power, etc.

I would doubt it, whilst it appears BS is not going to do the prequels (one about Tam's trip outside the Two Rivers showing how he ends up in the Companions and finding Rand, the other what leads Moraine and Lan to the Two Rivers in the nick of time) I don't believe it has been confirmed that they will not, at some point be written (not 100% on this does anyone else know). Who would write them I don't know, but they seem more likely to still happen than the outriggers, which are even less fleshed out than the prequels (which in turn are less detailed than the main plot).

So I doubt too much would be released in this book other than bits that would be otherwise (just like parts of NS were known before it came out).

I've also hear a rumour about a big WoT encyclopaedia being released, if that's the case I hope they could put the details and they are not writing the prequels as novels, I hope they could put in the details of the story in that even if not a polished story, so we have the raw facts of it.

Archived