DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perrin Must Be With Rand Two Times

thisguy

Yeahh, I suppose I shall expand on that.

I don't think Perrin actually did anything on Dragonmount.

From Rand's PoV, there is no indication that he was there at all, no outside influence changed his decision, it was totally internal.

Then in Perrin's PoV, it is clear that he is only there to watch, and he doesn't actually do anything.

From Rand's PoV, there is no indication that he was there at all, no outside influence changed his decision, it was totally internal.

Then in Perrin's PoV, it is clear that he is only there to watch, and he doesn't actually do anything.

You might be right. But from the perspective of TAR, will is everything. Perrin gave a "No" to the darkness and told Rand to hold strong. As Rand was showing up in TAR he was partially there. Perrin's will may have helped him in his internal battle.

You might be right. But from the perspective of TAR, will is everything. Perrin gave a "No" to the darkness and told Rand to hold strong. As Rand was showing up in TAR he was partially there. Perrin's will may have helped him in his internal battle.

It is possible, but it would be kinda weak if it turned out that way. Considering the foreboding of the prophecy and after Dumai's Wells, the off-hand, dubious way that the Dragonmount thing was done makes it a big let down if it is the 2nd time in the vision.

With all of the forshadowing of Rand's death and ressurection, isn't it likely that Perrin won't be there and Rand will die?

The viewing doesn't indicate death. Min says that something bad will happen, very bad. True, it could mean death, but it isn't restricted to the chance of him dying.

I agree with this; particularly as Perrin is ta'veren.

And I'm not entirely convinced that Dumai's Wells was the first occasion. Perrin led the forces to rescue Rand, but those forces were considerable. It doesn't feel to me as though his presence was essential there. JMO.

I agree with this; particularly as Perrin is ta'veren.

And I'm not entirely convinced that Dumai's Wells was the first occasion. Perrin led the forces to rescue Rand, but those forces were considerable. It doesn't feel to me as though his presence was essential there. JMO.

Funny you say that. On this current reread (which I'm almost done with), I was kinda disappointed that Dumai's Wells was one of the instances that Perrin had to be there. It really didn't seem like his part was so huge. Not that it was small, just seemed a bit underwhelming.

I suppose it depends on the interpretation of the vewing.

It was Perrin organized and led the rescuers to Rand via the wolf-dream.

Of course, there is the Asha'man, I doubt they would have had trouble without Perrin, but Rand in Taim's hands with at that point with nobody else to help Rand?

I kinda expect Perrin to save Rand from Slayer at Shayol Ghul. We know that close to SG the world can behave much like TAR and there's frankly no better place for Rand to get caught unawares. He's either about to start or is already fighting the DO and then Slayer steps out of the Dream to strike at him. And that's where Perrin comes in.

Perrin will save Rand but not from Slayer, from Fain.

Perrin is one of the few people that could battle Fain without falling for his tricks due to his enhanced senses and what do you think the odds are that his hammer will do the same thing to Mashadar as it does to shadowspawn?

As soon as the Whitecloaks and inparticular, Bornhald, joined Perrin's army, the course has been set. Bornhald will come clean to Perrin about what really happened to his family and Perrin, true to the core of his character, will serve Justice to Fain for it.

totally agrea espaicelly if u consider Min viewing that the Darkness will swollow Rand lights unless perrin was near him them the light held against it.

i think this was the 1st time that he was needed since with all due respect tp Perrin (and i HAVE respect for perrin) and his force the rescue in the wells was done by the Ashaman.

Perrin is one of the few people that could battle Fain without falling for his tricks due to his enhanced senses and what do you think the odds are that his hammer will do the same thing to Mashadar as it does to shadowspawn?

As soon as the Whitecloaks and inparticular, Bornhald, joined Perrin's army, the course has been set. Bornhald will come clean to Perrin about what really happened to his family and Perrin, true to the core of his character, will serve Justice to Fain for it.

I like it. It's logical, it would make for good story, and it avoids Fain's end being Gollum-like.

totally agrea espaicelly if u consider Min viewing that the Darkness will swollow Rand lights unless perrin was near him them the light held against it.

i think this was the 1st time that he was needed since with all due respect tp Perrin (and i HAVE respect for perrin) and his force the rescue in the wells was done by the Ashaman.

see with this part, and Dumai's, Perrin may have been there to set the stage for things. Really introducing the wolves as a fighting force. Then being on Dragonmount during VoG to show that what Rand does as an importance is something that is reflected in TAR, and Perrin was the one to witness it being taveren and able to walk the dream. It's foreshadowing.

I do think Dumai's Wells could have been an instance of Perrin being there to save Rand, not VoG though.

I hope VoG was one of the instances. There was too much "I need to be there" from Perrin's PoV for it not to be. I am pretty sure Perrin thinks to himself something like "I feel like I need to be there for Rand" right before he goes up the mountain. If this is not one of the instances its just bad storytelling, which I find very hard to believe.

Dumai's Wells I always assumed was one of them, but looking back on it, all Perrin really did was rally the troops, which probably would have been pulled together regardless, but I am sure having a Taverine(sp) do it expedited the process a good bit.

I like it. It's logical, it would make for good story, and it avoids Fain's end being Gollum-like.

I like it as well. I have no clue if it is right, but I like it. Fain cannot mask his smell.

it wont be serving justice , it be a berserker raged Wolf going on full revenge path :)))

perrin do have a slight hardly noticeable minoric tendency to go UBER BERSERK when it come to hurting (or kidnapping) ppl (or wolves) he care for :))

uptaco13 - I think you hit on one point that I have always felt. At Dumai's Wells, Perrin's Ta'veren nature is most likely what kept Team Light's forces consolidated long enough for Rand to be rescued...Now...does that count as one time? I don't see why it wouldn't. Freeing the Dragon Reborn IS a pretty big deal.

Fish

I like either Dumai's Wells or Dragonmount/VoG, but not both. It's possible though... we know all three ta'veren need to be there at the LB, so Perrin having fulfilled this "side quest" would be okay.

Still think it'll be Perrin/Slayer, though.

I like Perrin/Slayer. I keep getting this feeling that Rand will die, and do the really significant stuff there. Now what if Slayer tried to kill him there? In fact why hasn't the DO tried that? Do the souls hang out in a dreamshard? Anyways, Rand does his thing from TAR, Perrin saves him there from Slayer. Hooray Light.

Or he could spill Bornhald's brains with Mah'alleinir right on the spot. He shares the blame in that for bringing Fain to Two Rivers, not stopping him when he knows what Fain is up to and desecrating the family's resting place to cover up then giving him all that crap about Perrin killing Bornhald Sr. I'd be very tempted to.

Or he could spill Bornhald's brains with Mah'alleinir right on the spot. He shares the blame in that for bringing Fain to Two Rivers, not stopping him when he knows what Fain is up to and desecrating the family's resting place to cover up then giving him all that crap about Perrin killing Bornhald Sr. I'd be very tempted to.

Right? He's the Gawyn of WCs. I would be pleased if Perrin takes down Fain to save Rand instead of another Slayer showdown in TAR.

Also the thread title makes me giggle every time. I guess Avi will have to wait in line the one night.

Archived