DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cadsuane's Aes Sedai

Alric

I've only just started tGS so I'm possibly setting myself up for a spoiler here but....

Do we know why the Aes Sedai that came with Cadsuane are with her? Did she scoop them up while traveling and made them follow her just because she was stronger in the Power? I seem to remember that that hierarchy wasn't as strong outside the Tower, so that would make it less likely. Does she have another goal and are they in on it? From the text it hardly seems like it, and I've been looking for hints since she showed up. Several of them are both likable and seemingly atypical in being non-manipulative (I love both Corele and Daigan). Am I missing something here or is this just unclear?

I've only just started tGS so I'm possibly setting myself up for a spoiler here but....

Do we know why the Aes Sedai that came with Cadsuane are with her? Did she scoop them up while traveling and made them follow her just because she was stronger in the Power? I seem to remember that that hierarchy wasn't as strong outside the Tower, so that would make it less likely. Does she have another goal and are they in on it? From the text it hardly seems like it, and I've been looking for hints since she showed up. Several of them are both likable and seemingly atypical in being non-manipulative (I love both Corele and Daigan). Am I missing something here or is this just unclear?

I imagine it's because not only are they very loyal to Cadsuane, but Cadsuane probably appreciates their abilities more than the other Aes Sedai.

From that she mention that the Aes Sedai that are with her are ones she can trust we can assume she know them rather well, they might just plain old trust her in return. Another option is that she have some dirt on them and they have little choice but to follow her but it do seam like they are just happy to do their party and assume that Cadsuane know what she is doing.

Archived