DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Based on nothing more than Jason's review...

randsc

...I confidently predict that AMoL will end with an, "Eric Lehnsherr moving the chess piece" moment.

Hopefully, just "flicker." But I could live with an epilogue set in the far future, where scientists are discussing their recently discovered source of great, unknown power, and how exactly to drill for it.

Mehhh. I'm glad Jason got to read the book and that he doesn't spoil any of it too. Can't wait until it's my turn!!!

Only one thing about the review was that I was hoping Egwene would die a horrible, meaningless death in the first few chapters. Jason's review says that "Rand and Egwene shine brightest of all". I'm assuming that means she don't bite the dust and we have to read about her throughout the book. It's always been a toss-up for me as most pointless character between her and Faile.

Either way, I'm excited and cannot wait for January. Too bad we couldn't have it 2 weeks sooner than 1-8-13. This would be a perfect christmas gift. Now, we all have to hope the world don't end on December 21st.....

And there’s that one chapter. Holy smokes, RJ. 50,000 words? Really? Wow.

Does anybody else reckon this chapter will be like the climax of the film Inception? In the sense that there will be quick changes in character POVs(all acting simultaneously), building up to an adrenaline-filled and incredible last battle climax?

...and Hans Zimmer composes the score.

Mehhh. I'm glad Jason got to read the book and that he doesn't spoil any of it too. Can't wait until it's my turn!!!

Only one thing about the review was that I was hoping Egwene would die a horrible, meaningless death in the first few chapters. Jason's review says that "Rand and Egwene shine brightest of all". I'm assuming that means she don't bite the dust and we have to read about her throughout the book. It's always been a toss-up for me as most pointless character between her and Faile.

BS also had a quote saying Egwene's character growth was done and she was ready to be a "bad ass" at the LB.

Either way, I'm excited and cannot wait for January. Too bad we couldn't have it 2 weeks sooner than 1-8-13. This would be a perfect christmas gift. Now, we all have to hope the world don't end on December 21st.....

Maybe if you're lucky she dies a horrible, meaningful death.

...and Hans Zimmer composes the score.

I liked that movie and loved the score. He could write my WoT music any day.

The chapter in question contains tons of PoV's, your comparison with Inception might turn out to be a very apt one.

I think WOT would be pretty epic with a musical score. Zimmer is incredible!

Actually people are already working on music compositions inspired by the series. Check it out:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/74910-check-out-this-score-inspired-by-the-prologue-of-towers-of-midnight/

...I confidently predict that AMoL will end with an, "Eric Lehnsherr moving the chess piece" moment.

YES! I was thinking of this exact thing a couple days ago! That would be a great ending, for the Light to appear to have won, only to have the last sentence describe somebody finding food that spoiled too quickly or something... That would be so great.

Archived