DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Spoiler chapter 1: major Error

Randzor

yep, that part of the book confused me for days.

One power comes from the True source. Is that the Eye of the world?

True power comes from one source - the DO.

Why didnt he just make it True from True, and one from the dark one. makes much more sense to me. but who am I - not a writer.

Ya the terms puzzled me as well when the TP was introduced (aCoS?). Although I'm baffled that you made it to the 14th book without noticing that. Then again, I read 'darkfriend' as 'darkfiend' for the first few books.

I feel compelled to mention that not only did I read 'darkfriend' as 'darkfiend' for the first few books, but I still pronounce it that way even knowing the difference. I suppose 'darkfiend' just sounds more malicious in my mind than 'darkfriend'. Darkfriend kind of makes me think of the DO befriending Barney xD

well the real problem in that quote is that brigette had a sword

wtf this is brigette silverbow we"re talking about when the hell does she have a sword

this is the biggest mistake in my mind from any excerpts we"e seen in aMoL

This pissed me off so much. I have rarely gotten angry with BS writing and can usually enjoy it, even though its not RJ, but this has to be the biggest BS, for bullshit or Brandon Sanderson, mistake so far. How can you forget the hero of the horn, there are only 100, and one of the top 5 of them DOES NOT USE A SWORD her name is BRIGETTE SILVER BOW she does not have or use a sword.

She specifically said every time she tries to use a sword it ends up in a disaster

Am i the only one that got extremely angry at this?????

I think I got too mad about this is because it shows disrespect to one of the biggest heroes in the WO (not the books, the actual WOT)

And it is a testament to RJ's writing that I feel so strongly for something so unimportant and insignificant as this

P.S. Am i overreacting or is anyone as upset as i am

PPS. sorry for the rant

wtf this is brigette silverbow we"re talking about when the hell does she have a sword

This pissed me off so much. I have rarely gotten angry with BS writing and can usually enjoy it, even though its not RJ, but this has to be the biggest BS, for bullshit or Brandon Sanderson, mistake so far. How can you forget the hero of the horn, there are only 100, and one of the top 5 of them DOES NOT USE A SWORD her name is BRIGETTE SILVER BOW she does not have or use a sword.

She specifically said every time she tries to use a sword it ends up in a disaster

I think I got too mad about this is because it shows disrespect to one of the biggest heroes in the WO (not the books, the actual WOT)

And it is a testament to RJ's writing that I feel so strongly for something so unimportant and insignificant as this

PPS. sorry for the rant

Birgitte starts wearing a sword in Towers of Midnight.

ToM, Ch 22:

Though she had Guardswomen and men with extra bows at the hallways, Birgitte herself carried a sword, for an assassination attempt would most likely turn to close-quarters fighting.

It's because of her rank and a necessity for close quarters. Just because she starts wearing one doesn't mean she has to like it. Some have speculated that this combined with her complaints is foreshadowing, believing that her character is going to die.

PPS. sorry for the rant

Birgitte starts wearing a sword in Towers of Midnight.

ToM, Ch 22:

Though she had Guardswomen and men with extra bows at the hallways, Birgitte herself carried a sword, for an assassination attempt would most likely turn to close-quarters fighting.

It's because of her rank and a necessity for close quarters. Just because she starts wearing one doesn't mean she has to like it. Some have speculated that this combined with her complaints is foreshadowing, believing that her character is going to die.

BS should let her stick to the knives she used when she fought those DF with Mat and Beslan in Ebou Dar. She's apparently quite good with them and she did say that things always ended badly for her when she tried to use a sword.

yep, that part of the book confused me for days.

One power comes from the True source. Is that the Eye of the world?

True power comes from one source - the DO.

Why didnt he just make it True from True, and one from the dark one. makes much more sense to me. but who am I - not a writer.

he old Aas Saday symbole is actually a modified Yin/Yang symbol

now consider the Yin/Yang symbol a dot of black in the middle of the white and a dot of white in the middle of the black.

i think that the inspiration for RJ to say one from true and true from one.

btw the best use of this symbol was done in Amber sage by Zelazney (first 5 ONLY)

It's in tSR - Chapter 11 "What Lies Hidden"

Egwene sees it in the Tel'aran'rhiod version of the "museum" in the Panarch's palace when she's trying to figure out what the BA in Tanchico are after (before the supergirls know about the male a'dam "sad bracelets")

Quote:

A silvery thing in another cabinet, like a three-pointed star inside a circle, was made of no substance she knew; it was softer than metal, scratched and gouged, yet even older than any of the ancient bones. From ten paces she could sense pride and vanity.

PPS. sorry for the rant

There's another way of looking at the fact that Birgette is wearing a sword now: foreshadowing of upcoming disaster and/or death of one Birgette Silverbow. Remember her memories are fading, and as she loses memories of how swords led her to disaster in the past she may gain confidence that she can get away with it in the present.

There's another way of looking at the fact that Birgette is wearing a sword now: foreshadowing of upcoming disaster and/or death of one Birgette Silverbow. Remember her memories are fading, and as she loses memories of how swords led her to disaster in the past she may gain confidence that she can get away with it in the present.
That's exactly where I think we're headed...

Archived